Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got me baffled! When I replace all 3 bulbs in the light under the mirror the middle one stays on. And then if I put the two old ones in the middle one works correctly? Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aye just on very dim mate but if you put two standard bulbs in it goes off normally got my head done in. If its on dim do you think it will drain battery?

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Well same thing happens on my Skoda Fabia, the two outer lights stay on dimly which is odd. It's been ok for the 2/3years I've had the LED's in it. I've even left my car for a month when I went on holiday and it started first time when I got back, so I don't think there's anything to worry about battery drain wise....

Funnily enough, the LED's in my R32 don't have the same problem though. There doesn't seem to be any plausible answer as to why it does it

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
[quote user="chezney55"]

Aye just on very dim mate but if you put two standard bulbs in it goes off normally got my head done in. If its on dim do you think it will drain battery?

[/quote]

I guess you could safely say that there's a low voltage/current in the circuit at all times, but you can't see it with the normal halogen bulb

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
[quote user="chezney55"]

[/quote]

Yes it will as it isn't seeing the much higher load of a filament bulb that it's designed for,like this it gets confused and the CCM doesn't put the car fully to sleep.Unless you can mess around with resistors and are good with a soldering iron,the only guaranteed way to solve this is to put back the bulb that should be in there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aye been doing a few searches and read about all that. The boring ginger lights a crap! Going to have a look round to see if I can get a set of decent ones

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.