Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would really like to get a full cream leather re-trim on all my seats in my red golf!! how do i go about doing this? What will the price be? Who does Re-trims? What do you think?

Thanks

Ashley

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I got my cabby Mk3.5 retrimmed into maroon leather (like on the new eos). It cost me 895? from a company called trim star. The Bloke Paul is good he took all the seats and delivered them trimmed and installed them. On the whole the job is good, but not excellent, few small things i'm not 100% happy with (bit rushed on his behalf to be fair). For the money i found him one of the cheapest, so you get what you paid for.
Its been 6 months so far and no real problems.

I thought about MJM interiors, but the cost was a little too much.

Send me a message if you want to see pics.

-Ro

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
i got mine from the place mentioned above near Leeds (MJ interiors - check for the website on Google). its a professional job so expect to pay upwards of a grand (sterling).
What they normally do is take all your seats out (bar the driver's) and then trim then while you're going about your daily business, and then when it's ready they'll call you in the do the driver's which should be same day. If you need all of the seats and cant afford to only have a one-seater for a week, then ring them and tell them ur situation and hopefully they'll be able to provide you with spare seats to get you by.

Have a look around at different companies, and try to see some of the work they've done b4 you decide.

Good luck[Y]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much. I would like you to post some of the pictures to get a general idea of what it looks like. Once again thanks and we'll see what i can sort out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those interiors look ruthless!!

I well want to do mine now. Did you already buy the recaro front seats, so you only got the back seats re-trimmed or did all 5 seats get the trim!!? Thanks very much

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I got the full re-trim (5 seats). I started out with the VW sport seats (front and back) and i only managed to get the recaro fronts at the last minute which were cloth, and i had them trimmed in place of my front sport seats. The rears were trimmed as they were.
I asked Michael (the guy at Mj's) to see if he could get his hands on a pair of front recaro's for me, and he sorted it all out within a couple of days.
Top bloke, really friendly, helpful and didnt mind me asking a few thousand questions[:)]
Quite lucky for me really-cant imagine not having leathered recaro's now[;)]

get it done, u wont regret it[H]

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got him to do the fronts and backs and front door cards i didn't think that the back door cards were so important. I was thinking about going with the red stitching but i bottled it, looking at the other pictures above in this post i wish i had gone for it, my seats already had red stitching on the cloth seats being an anniversary but i wasn't sure what it would look like on leather.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Yeah, i was gonna get door cards as well, but the few extra hundred woulda been wasted on me. its a black car, with black cloth on the door cards, which i hardly ever look at never mind rest my arm on or anything. So i left it out. I don't regret it[:^)]

As for the red stitching, that was actually suggested to me after i originally asked for red piping along the outside seams!
After seeing an older car and how the piping had torn out of the leather cos of the constant brushing past it getting in and out, i decided against it.

Part of me still wishes i went for them though - red vinyl piping on a Mk4 golf? Thats different[:p]

·
Registered
163 Posts
mate your seats look pucka with the red stiching,   i wish i'd had gone with the red stiching now, all that pipeing is for RS  Turbos and Fiestas, that is a bit dated now, MJ's own words

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They said that it would cost me about 1080 quid for the full retrim. I dunno, its a hell of a lot of money !!!!! What do you all think?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Im assuming by 'They' you mean Mj's? If you plan on keeping the car, then i think its worth it.

its a one off payment at the end of the day, and its something you feel the value of everytime you get in.

looks a class apart from the cloth seats in my opinion.

If u dont want to part with the money, then perhaps u could spend the grand on various other mods, and then do the interior when you've got a bit more currency.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Had my anni seats done but kept the material centers, red stitch was a must. ?700 with door cards and parcel shelf.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah i know what you mean by it would be worth it!! why does it cost me a grand when it cost you lot about 700 - 800 quid? 5 seats, middle divider, folding back seats, door cards, was yours all similar to this?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts