Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leather bound manual is this new to the 2006 model or was everyone with a GTI ment to get one please any comments ???

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Anybody got any pics of the leather manual as it may well explain why my book mysteriously vanished prior to the PDI.....[:mad:]

'Not to worry sir, we've ordered a new book pack for you', this turned out to be a normal Golf one and the dealer denied such a thing as a GTI only manual exists....?

Steve

·
Registered
471 Posts
That's very strange and more than a bit dubious :-/ I'll try to get some pics for you for tomorrow.
It's a leather-bound GTI only manual.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just got a standard golf manual here [:(] , car picked up on 05/05/05

Should look like this

Posted Image

Courtesy of Redrobin on TSN

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mine doesn't look like that! Mine is just a more flattish leather binder type thing with a Vee-Dub badge on the spine, I'll try to get a picture of it later today...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Okay, here's pics of my manual. My GTI and one other that I know both have this type... I've never seen the other type before, though it looks really spiffy!
This is still nice though.
Posted Image

The inside isn't normal Golf stuff either, it's all spiffy GTI-related goodness.

Posted Image

I'm particularly fond of the section entitled "Frontal collisions and the laws of physics".

·
Registered
471 Posts
I suspect the not-normal leather-bound manual might belong to the mk4 Anni edition GTI... I'm sure I recall them having a special GTI leather handbook with a badge of some sort.
Or it could be one that's not from VW UK; possibly VW EU or US or something.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Mine is the same as your cmdrfire but most of the guys on the TSN forum seem to be getting the leather bound one..

Maybe it's like bottle openers they mysteriously go missing !!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mine is the same as your cmdrfire but most of the guys on the TSN forum seem to be getting the leather bound one..

Hmn... the one we have is leather bound, and is GTI specific... perhaps the TSN one is a new one for the '06 model year? It does look really nice, I like the GTI badge a lot. I'll make inquiries at my local dealer.
Anyone know if the new R32 comes with any special manual?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

Hmn... the one we have is leather bound, and is GTI specific... perhaps the TSN one is a new one for the '06 model year? It does look really nice, I like the GTI badge a lot. I'll make inquiries at my local dealer.
Anyone know if the new R32 comes with any special manual?
Took delivery of my GTI in Mar 05 and I have the one above with the GTI badge...looks like a few people have been diddled...again!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just got the word from my Parts Manager, apparently they've only started issuing the new manuals now!

Might have to try to get a hold of one since they are very spiffy...

Neo

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Just got the word from my Parts Manager, apparently they've only started issuing the new manuals now!

Might have to try to get a hold of one since they are very spiffy...

Neo
I got one with my car 12 months ago and I suspect you should have too.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Picked my car up on wednesday.

Leather bound GTI Manual and Bottle Opener all there.

Only thing I didn't get was the Longlife Castrol Kit which includes the 1 litre bottle of oil / gloves / dipstick wipes etc.

Asked the dealer about this and I think its dependent on dealer if you get it free or not. My one it seems will be charging for it but I didn't want it anyway.

It is mentioned in the Welcome pack literature though.

As for the the.....its sooooooo nice! Can't wait to see 500miles on the clock so that I can use full revs. Have limited myself to 3k revs for first 500miles before letting rip with the big pedal.

So far so good though. Love it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts