Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Is anyone experiencing leaks at the rear of the car, i.e. compartment where the back lights are? I only noticed today when I wanted to check the subwoofer. I have a puddle of water below the rear lights casing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This car is a pain, I discovered water in the spare tyre compartment, anyone experienced similar problems? I would be grateful for your help guys. I went to the VW garage and I was told £179 just to diagonise the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you check the rear light seals like suggested above? I'd be suspecting the driver's rear light seal, it's got breaker writing on it so it's definitely been out at some point.
I changed the rear lights hence the breaker yellow numbers. The lights have their seals, the one on carpet is the old one I removed from the old lights. The breaker ones had their rubbers. I will check the seals highlighted by Mur3633 tomorrow. Thank you guys for your input.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Looks like it's leaking from the vents behind the bumpers in that third picture. You just need to remove the bumper, remove the vents, run a bead of silicone around them, and then refit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like it's leaking from the vents behind the bumpers in that third picture. You just need to remove the bumper, remove the vents, run a bead of silicone around them, and then refit.
Okay, so is the bumber easy to remove? I will check with Google... things are never easy haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts