Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i've just had a look for my paint code in the boot, and it is LA5G. After a couple of searches it seems that it is a relatively rare colour?

Also in this paint code thread http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/24895/224180.aspx#224180 is says that it is a US colour!?

Confussseeed!

Does this mean that halfrauds won't have the right rattle can and touch up stick in stock?

I suppose i'll just have to go find out for myself! [*-)]

But any info on the code would be great! Thanks! [:D]

Cheers,

Ash

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you reckon they would just change the name then? Halfrauds only had ink or indigo blue!

Cheers!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do you reckon they would just change the name then? Halfrauds only had ink or indigo blue!

Cheers!
reviving a dead thread hahah :p but a random search for me trying to find where i can get this paint in either a rattle can or solvent based paint for a spray gun? any help would be great as waterbased sucks! said i would just let anyone looking into thiss know that ink blue and indigo blue are not the same colour as pearl blue (perlblau) i cant remember which is which but if memory serves correctly indigo blue is a lighter colour and ink blue is metallic

·
Registered
414 Posts
My mk5 is LA5G too...I did find a link that made this paint in a can...saved it in my bookmarks...went back a couple of weeks later and the link had stopped working..! ???? I've only seen touch up kits online now which is annoying..! Seems to be a rare colour..! If you find any post up a link..!

·
Bolf since 2012
1,362 Posts
its all waterbased paints over here pal :( its just a pain to paint with i want the old skool solvent based. where did you get the rattle cans for yours vtecnut? il keep hunting online and will put up a link if i find some
I got mine from a place called Gramic supplies. I have no idea wether they would send cans though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts