Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you ask, yes i have used the search function, and No i havent found the answers of which i am after.

I have found a reputable place in my hometown of which sells LED interior Festoons etc. If i bought some the correct size, would i have to remove the interior light fuse?
and would any warning lights show up as they will be running on a lower than normal voltage because they are LED? cant seem to find the answer on here thats all.

Also for christmas, I got a pair of door speakers - Pioneer TS-G 17121 will these be a straight swap? and will spacers be needed?
Just dont want to get my door card off and find outi have to travel to halfrauds to get a set!
Will the speaker cover also be swappable for the one in my door card does anyone know?

Help would be appreciated ASAP, as i want to get them done [:D]

Thanks, Jord.

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
If in doubt ALWAYS disconnect the battery anyway,takes seconds to do and is free but could take hours and lots of pounds to fix if it does go breasts upwards.

Re the speakers,what headunit will be driving them? If it's a standard tape deck then they'll sound worse than the stockers,in fact unless you're planning on a big audio upgrade it really isn't worth touching the front speakers.

HOW AND WHY TO UPGRADE YOUR MK.4S SPEAKERS

Chris.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks if i disconnect chris would it mess up my tracker at all or wont that be affected?, ive got an aftermarket pioneer HU DEH-3300 UB they need replacing as theyve been blown since i bought the car [*-)]

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Trackers have backup batteries so no problem there and aftermarket headunits are good with aftermarket speakers.Hopefully the OEM door mounted tweeters arte still working as you won't hear the Pioneer's tweeters buried deep behind the doorcards and aimed at your ankles.

Chris.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahh thats okay then, n yeah both my tweeters work thank god haha!
and if spacers are needed, are they readily available? will motor shops do them etc?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahh yes thanks for that! didnt appear when i read your post last night aha!

Thanks alot mate, uve been a great help! [:)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts