1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to kwik fit as its so local to get a punture done

got the reply

sorry mate cant do them wheel , you need a professional to do them

my reply , mmmm so you saying your not proffessional tyre , they didnt like that , but well he said it

so my question is where in essex can i get my punture repaired , are elites any good ??

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
How dare you use swear words like Kwik Fit on this forum [:mad:].

Seriously though good job they sent you away as they are nationally known as a bunch of cowboys.

Have you thought about using Xtreme, although most tyre exhaust centres should be able to do the repair. My advice is to show them any marks on the alloys before they do the job so there are no problems after if they damage them

·
Registered
927 Posts
how bizarre! they cant do them!?!? why ever not!

Are they split rims?

Even so, the principle is exactly the same. More like they havnt got the skill to do the job without scratching them!!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Are they split rims?

Even so, the principle is exactly the same. More like they havnt got the skill to do the job without scratching them!!
They are splitties. I've seen several horror stories of Kwik fit on this very forum about ruined alloys

·
Registered
730 Posts
Twit Fit are complete kn0bs,  out of desperation i went to them last year for brake pads and they fitted the wrong size, complete dunces.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Am i the only one thinking the guy probably saw they were split rims and knew they'd be expensive so didn't want to take the risk of damaging the wheels? I know i'd rather be turned away than come back to a damaged wheel?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Depends who you get. Mate of mine went to Kwik Fit for a puncture repair and when the fitter put the wheel back on, he tightened the bolts by hand, lowered the car and then used a torque wrench to finish off. My mate was astounded and said to the guy, "That's the first time I've seen that done properly" to which the fitter modestly replied that he was just doing what needed doing.

I had a similar experience at my local Hi-Q. I got them to sort my rear pads because I didn't have the tools or the skill, and the fitter, a young lad, properly torqued my wheels by hand.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yer they are split rims , and well he said it would wreck my rims as there machine is old fashioned and wont do 19's

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some kwik fits do still have the older machines that struggle to do 19 inch wheels. Its not just the diameter of the wheel but also the low profile of the tyre. Some of the new machines have extra arms to help with this. I think most of the kwik fits have these upgraded machines, but some especially the centers that dont often sell 19 inch tyres probably havent got them yet.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Some Kwik Fit moron, screwed up my front hub adapter, by over tightening the nuts, knackering the pressed in stud. I ended up having to painfully hacksaw it off :-(

·
Registered
729 Posts
Jason there is a tyre shop around the back by euro car parts and parceline they are very good. just hard for me to direct you. But basically if your coming from gantshill towards tesco's at harlie browns roundabout, if you take the left into the industrial estate before tesco's they are at the back there very good. hope that helps [:$]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers m8 im know where they are , completly forgot they was there [:$]

i will drop down there and see if they can [:D]

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
elites are cool

goodwin tyres on greenlane are very very good - not sure if they fix
punctures (we take our cars there for balancing etc) but they will
refer you to someone that will

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well thats a couple of places i can try then cheers

i hope they do fix puntures as its a newish tyre and at 170 odd a tyre i dont wana be buying a new one for a while lol

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went to Elite very dam good service there took about an hour , was lot of people there , very nice showroom for all their great stuff

even got a cafe in the building

[:)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts