Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any no anything about these tyres, in terms of grip, comfort and tread wear?

falkenz or kumhoz?

any help greatly appreciated

adz

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have got the falkens on at the moment and seem fine in the wet obviously not as good as in the dry but i dont find myself having to take care

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers guyz..

any1 got any opinions on the kumho's before i end up goin for the falkenz??

many thanks

adz

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I've got the Kumho Ecsta Sport (KU31) on mine and always found them to be very good in both wet and dry conditions.

Never had any 'worrying' moments, but then I dont drive like a loony [:p]

·
Registered
213 Posts
i have some Falken FK451 that were on the front (now on the back), and now have michelins on the front which are way better and there is a vast difference in the grip and now i would not buy Falkens again........

i have never had Kumhos.......

·
Registered
84 Posts
no doubt we would all rather have michelins as you get what you pay for. but im selling the car in 3 months so Im not shelling out 150 a corner.

Anyone used Nankangs? or am i just being silly :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Had Nankang NS2's, did 20k on them now got the Kumho 711's. The Nankang's were good for grip, not so in the wet. The Kumho's are great for grip, done 2k on them so far. They are a noisier tyre though, can't say how long they'll last, but don't look driven on yet! Even better was that the Kumho's were ?216.40 for 4 225/40/18s!

·
Registered
650 Posts
When buying new wheels and tyres the dealer advised me that Kumho were  higher end budget tyres , had them on since Feb. good grip in wet and dry , had Falkens before(not on a Golf) were pretty poor in the wet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
while on the subject of this what do people think of Toyo's ????

been looking on a few web sites and they are rated as being quite good

last tires i bought were from www.blackcircles.com
My thoughts on toyos - very good in both wet and dry but dont expect them to last over 10k miles as very soft compound.

I have always swore by Goodyear F1's, amazing wet grip, sharp in dry and i got 21k miles out of a set on my impreza WRX. WOW!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I had toyo T1-S on my last car, they are still on there 2 years down the line, and have done 23k so far, they are starting to get a bit low at the front now but not bad considering!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had toyo T1-S on my last car, they are still on there 2 years down the line, and have done 23k so far, they are starting to get a bit low at the front now but not bad considering!
*thinks he must drive like a lady* :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
it all depends on how hard you drive i suppose....... i usually use a lot of corner speed so i have noticed the difference in grip both wet and dry.......

i have been looking at the toyo's as with quite a few reviews (different websites) they make them out on apar with Michelin Pilot Primacy, Continental Sport Contact ........ also by the ratings they put toyo's as being better than Kumho 769, Pirelli P6000

to be honnest i am thinking of getting some........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts