Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone used these?...seen some wheel &trye packages with these fitted 225x40x18 just dont know if they are any good?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I my own personal opinion S*IT, I also picked them up on a wheel tyre package and thought they were ok, but in the wet they are a nightmare, i would ask for a change or upgrade.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Not all Khumo are SH*T!!

I was reccommended Khumo by a chap on the Nissan 200sx owners boards I use to have a 300bhp Nissan and when I moved from Goodyear Eagle's which are superb but didnt last long I gave them a try....They were Khumo Ecstas and were absolutly excellent best budget tyre I have ever tried! Almost thought I had F1 eagles on they were that good........so NO not all Khumo are sh*t you need to know which ones to go for excellent budget tyre too! Now Nankang are shit! had 2 NS-2 Nankangs on the front of my nissan and had two blow outs through bulging walls when tyres were just 4 and 5 months old!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
for a little extra i opted for the falkens when i bought my 19s and
they are much better, i think there was a ?15 difference in price per
tyre and well worth it!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
iv now ordered the new wheels complete with the kuhmos!...will see how it goes with them and get some wear...will let you know what i think of them! maybe upgrade to some better tyres at a later stage :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea the kuhmos are 712"s they said they are good, but then they would i supose, these are the wheels: ebay item number 8030335421

·
Registered
646 Posts
Not heard of 712's Tony hope they are satisfactory! But anyway like me just put up with them until they wear down and then get what you want.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea will do m8... nice motor by the way m8, looks good!..do u mind me askin...do you find the milltek exaust noisy at all? is it different to the standard anni?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks Tony,

It could almost be taken for standard to be honest nothing silly if you know what I mean! Slightly louder just takes the edge of the Diesel sound....when revving and making progress you couldnt tell it was a diesel sounds like a nice petrol if you can believe that has a little grunt!! lol I think that the CAT removal along with the Milltek makes the exhaust louder than standard, but really does hike the power up after a re-map.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok thanks martin, need to change mine as im fitting the 4 mtion rear valance which has the cut-out for the twin back box,like the look of the milltek but  just want a rear box purely for the look really!...not sure if you can get just a back box and if it will be a bit noiser that stock one

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello matey

i have got some 712s 205/50/15s on a mk3 vr6 they are sweet in the dry but a hand full in the wet or snow. take it easy in the wet and take care of your ride.

Jase

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yep you can get just a back box,will look good and will probably be slightly louder but nothing to extreme
Sorry to jump in! Who makes the back box alone?I've been looking for a miltek style rear box only for the tips as they look better than none at all!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but if all you want is twin pipes to fit a 4-mo valance you don't need to change your back box at all.  You can mod your stock back box to have twin stainless tips protruding from the rear instead of the stock turned down pipes.  My car had that done when I bought it and I still have the original box as an example. Just took some photos for another forum member this week-end.  If anyone would like to see how it was done please PM me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts