Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got this kit fitted over the weekend and WOW! is all i can say - i have a new car now,drove around saturday with fronts on hardest setting and rears about 25% off hardest and although it was a "firm" ride the car stuck to the road with zero body roll and no dipping or bouncing what so ever.Sunday i softened the front by about 50% sitll handles a dream but with a much easier ride,the rears are not as easy to adjust as you have to take the damper out to do it,but i will be taking it out soon and setting to 50%,its not sitting as low as it was with the previous springs i had but its still sitting nice and low and looks the dogs,also now when i put the power down there is no lag like there was before when the back used to dip and the front went up (if you know what i mean!) now it just goes!

All in all i could not recommend the koni sport kit enough,big thanks to sarah and dean at awesome GTi [Y]

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Ah thats good news then! Seeing as I'm looking into getting this as and when I get my promotion back pay! Roll on end of November!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
when i put the power down there is no lag like there was before when the back used to dip and the front went up (if you know what i mean!)
Squat (acceleration) and dive (braking), that is [:)]

Decent sports suspension rocks, does it [:D][Y]

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i put the power down there is no lag like there was before when the back used to dip and the front went up (if you know what i mean!)
Squat (acceleration) and dive (braking), that is [:)]

Decent sports suspension rocks, does it [:D][Y]
That is exactly it or should i say that was it [:D] as it i dont have it anymore - the two most impressive and smile inducing mods ive made to my car are the recaro interior and the sports suspension!

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
Another one here with a big thumbs up for the Koni sports kit [Y]

I love mine and highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too right garfie your write up was one of the posts that helped me make my mind up - sweet car BTW.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best of luck with it - he has his feeback private though,why is that?? thats a new one to me.

·
2,166 Posts
Too right garfie your write up was one of the posts that helped me make my mind up - sweet car BTW.
Glad it was of help mate [:)]

Thanks for the compliments on the car [Y]

·
2,166 Posts
Hmm yeah! I think this is the kit for me!

Great Looking Car Garfie! Have you got a post with some pics to have a look at!??
Cheers bud,

There's a few pics all over the place so to make it easier I'll drop some in here for you. First ones are of how it was up till a few months ago with the Anni front end and the last ones are how it is now (minus the GT badge on the custom grill)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
2,166 Posts
Hi Garfie,

Can you tell me what make your front grill is and where you got it from as have been after one like that for quite a while.

really good looking car!!!

cheers

greg
Hi Greg,

The grill is custom made and no-one seems to make a similar one as far as I know.

I made it by chopping up a spare grill from eBay, filling and smoothing the centre circle around the VW badge, then getting it painted up.

It's then reassembled with R32 grill mesh either side of the badge to match the lower grills.

Seems I have caused a bit of a stir with this as several people have been asking for more info on it.

It's nice when these little custom touches get noticed [:D]

·
2,166 Posts
Here you go lad, might be a bit clearer here.
All I have added since is a chrome GT badge in the same place the normal GTI/R32 badge goes.

Posted Image

·
Registered
32 Posts
Best of luck with it - he has his feeback private though,why is that?? thats a new one to me.
Not sure on that but the sports kit came today so it appears he is genuine :)

Garfie that mesh you've used in the grille did you buy it from a dealer if so how much?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
a few comparison pics for you:

Before lowering it ( a few months ago in warmer weather [:(] )

Posted Image

Koni's

Posted Image

Not the best of pics but you get the picture(S)

Shane.

·
2,166 Posts
Not sure on that but the sports kit came today so it appears he is genuine :)

Garfie that mesh you've used in the grille did you buy it from a dealer if so how much?
Yes its from the dealer, its a centre grill mesh for an R32 front bumper cut up and modified to fit.

That way it matches the grill meshes in my R32 bumper. Price is £10.38 if I remember correctly

1 - 20 of 201 Posts