Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there was just wondering what people think of the new koni fsd"s?? I want to lower my ride 30- 35mm with Eibach pro springs and then to choose a decent set of shocks.

i have read a few articles and they seem to be all good reports but wanted to hear from the golf massive!

cheerz
Felix

·
Vendor
1,041 Posts
There nothing short of a miracle!!! There are unlike anything i've ever used.

Get it done lad! give me a shout on 0161 776 0777 if you need prices

Cheers,

Dean

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
I have sold a few of these.

For shipping out of all things.

Yes the reports that I have had back are that they are good.

Good enough for him to want another 4.

The problem I have found is that Koni do not seem to be intrested in supply now.

4 weeks to wait for them.

:(

Nah that sucks.

But if you can get them quick enough to fit the lowering springs you will save yourself some mony and what could be an excellent set up.

As Dean said get it done!

You could then let everyone else on here know what you think too.

As differnt cars suit different set ups.

These was for a Skoda too.

Sarah

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm interested in the FSD+Eibach combo for my MKiV - After reading the article in VW Drive mag I thought they'd be a common conversation on UK-MKiVs.net. Think this is the first thread I've seen discussing them[:)]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i will be speaking to you on monday Dean!

Cheerz guys for comments and will let evry one know when i get them fitted!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well i will be speaking to you on monday Dean! Cheerz guys for comments and will let evry one know when i get them fitted!
Lox19 - Yea, let me know how you get on with them. Perhaps some before and after photo's??[:)]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I'm interested in the FSD+Eibach combo for my MKiV - After reading the article in VW Drive mag I thought they'd be a common conversation on UK-MKiVs.net. Think this is the first thread I've seen discussing them[:)]
There have been other threads but don't think anyone was commenting out of experience. The Awesome demo GTI seems to have been a great success though, and if I needed to replace my Koni sports I would have them no question. Standard fit on a Gallardo, nuff said[:D]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dubbers, yes mate as soon as i get them done should be within the next week or so mate !

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
for performance, what would be better the manual adjustable Koni Sports Kit or the FSD??? im not to worried about comfert, i just thought that as the FSD have to auto change the dampening there may be some kind of lag when you are about to hit a hard corner. im probley worng as i have never used them but i am debating weather i should or not. cheers

·
Registered
347 Posts
ive seen these on the awesome gti site and am debating whether to get some. ive got a 1.8t anniversary. would these be ok with the standard anniversary springs??

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
ive seen these on the awesome gti site and am debating whether to get some. ive got a 1.8t anniversary. would these be ok with the standard anniversary springs??
Yes, they will work fine with standard Anni springs, I'm in no doubt about that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 150pd and have Koni FSD's and Eibach Pro springs on order from Awesome since before Xmas, but still no sign yet, so i expect demand is high.

I will post my comments as soon as i get them fitted.
I'm also fitting a Neuspeed Rear ARB so it should be a dramatically different car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
-jimmy c: Im having to wait as well mate for my bits which should hopefully come by the end of the month! but since youve been waiting since before x-mas i might have to re think that wish!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just got word from awesome that the FSD's wont be in stock til mid March. Some teething problems.
In one way thats a shame, however it gives me a little more time to save up for them. Did Awesome say what contributed "teething problems"?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
for performance, what would be better the manual adjustable Koni Sports Kit or the FSD???
Anybody know?
The way I understand it from VW Driver?s review of the FSD?s on Awesome?s demo MkV GTI, the ?Yellow? Sport Koni?s are still the ultimate performance option, and are adjustable. The FSD?s are a compliant compromise which is better for fast road use for the majority of the time. They self-adjust. However the Sports hold the handling edge especially when set hard, which does lead to a trade-off in ride comfort.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ade at Awesome just said that Koni was sorting out some issues with the FSD's. I really wanted these shocks for my car as i do a lot of driving on [email protected] roads, but i also wanted better cornering, and they sounded right for the job.

Its back to the Koni yellows and Eibach Pros option for me.

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
I would say that if you was looking for performance then the Koni yellows would be the way to go.

But if you are looking more luxury then the FSD`s could possibly be worth waiting for.

The Koni shockers with the Eibach springs are the best option for lower performance.

Sarah

1 - 20 of 59 Posts