Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
It's very worrying. The seller has got their facts wrong forgive me now but how can it be the model number: k04-001 which they also claim is the same model as WK03-025 and be the same upgraded turbo as the ko4-020 LOL

[*]Brand New,
[*]Direct replacement,
[*]Model number K04-001,
[*]Same Model as KKK 5303-988-0052 WK03-025,
[*]V.W.part # 06A145704T 06A145713D,
[*]Same upgraded turbcharger as the KO4-020

So according to this seller the ko4-001 is the same as the ko3-025 which is what the k04-020 is... so why but this?! lol

Another reason I wouldn't buy this:

Please check your old unit has the same inlet & outlet exhaust bolt stud pattern before purchases.

I'm worried I would disappoint the seller, I don't think I would want more than the one turbo if i was to buy one anyway - best to be safe and don't buy it [:p]

On a serious note though, better to not skimp on the turbo, if the exhaust side goes you'll be looking at a new engine. Better to go for a ko3s for an easy direct bolt on upgrade, ko4-02x for bit more power and money or a big turbo for more gains. I'll have my ko3s turbo up for grabs in 2 months when I can be bothered to upgrade if your interested

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yer when i saw this i fought it was a knock off lol and didnt sound right so im glad i got a second opinion......... not that i was going to buy it anyway lol!! But yer i might be intrested in the k03s mate let me know when you want rid and we could sort out a price :) also how much difference has the ko3s have compaired to the ko3 like mine will i tell the difference straight away??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts