Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i know this a fairly well discussed subject on here but i am new, and would like to clear a couple of things up.

i have a 1999 turbo with an agu engine code, and i want to upgrade to a k03s. where would the best place to get one? are second hand ones ok or am i better off spending the extra cash on a brand new one, either from jbs or a stealer?

second, what is the max bhp people reckon i could get after a phase 2 remap? i already have a full milltek system with decat, green cotton panel filter and a forge 007p.

cheers, richard

(will get some pics up as soon as i sort my internet out! no upload speed whatsoever!)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
This is the most recent thread I have reponded to...

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/396382.aspx

I can't tell you where to get them, I got mine brand new, and was a proper bargain, but second hand should be okay if you can find a nice low mileage one.

Decent mapping should see you somewhere about 230 BHP with what else you got on there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for that link mate really helpful. probably gona hold out and try to find a second hand k03s on ebay or something, as the cheapest ones i can seem to find brand new, that arent Chinese copies, are upwards of £500.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah fair play looks like u got a bargain there mate I'm just going to hold on for a good second hand one I think, don't want to risk those cheap ones from the us and china...

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi, sorry to bother you but could some one tell me how to add my own thread on this site? i know it sounds like a stupid question but cant add my own, need advice on how to boost my TDI 150 pd, thanx stonesy

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Go to the section of the forum, and near the top (just above the latest topic), hit this button:

Posted Image

Then fire away...

Posts like this though, asking for help, would be far better put up the the site help section: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/13.aspx

Try replying to a post there in future for help (or start your own topic now you know how), and not ask for forum help in a more technical thread.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi again. ive found a k04 kit for £450, including injectors, mani, oil lines and the turbo obviously (all off TT 225) this seems like a good price, but will i need anything else in order to get it on my agu? cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
wish i could find one for that sort of price.. think Im going to get a new one from a shop and hopefully get a longer lasting unit..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts