Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, am a newbie here and have just bought a golf gt tdi 150 mk4 with 119000 miles on it. When starting from cold a knocking noise can be heard for a couple of minutes and then it disappears. This noise happens weather the clutch is in or out and so im thinking its not the gearbox. The noise has no pattern to it but when it does make a noise, the engine revs change slightly exactly in time with the knock. After 2 minutes the noise completely goes, and the car drives perfectly. Have read all about the issues with the dmf but am unsure if this is the case. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you get the same symptoms as i am getting? Random knocking from the bellhousing/gearbox area, makes no difference with the clutch in or out and only lasts a couple of minutes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, no odd feeling coming from the clutch at all, purely just the knocking from cold.If it is the fly wheel how much does a supply and fit cost?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can range on price but i looked at one for mine fitted @ £600 but that included the clutch, housing and bearing..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts