Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like this is the thing to do over the past couple of months ffor the scum out there.

Got back to my bora this afternoon to find its been keyed right along the drivers door, the rear door and a deep arced gouge on the bonnet, each one down to the metal, I can't understand the mentality of the scum that think this is a good thing to do, a week before Christmas is just what I needed....

Still.... spose now that little dent in the bonnet and all those stone chips will get sorted.

Gutted of Bexleyheath

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This happened in a 'nice' part of Herne Bay, broad daylight, busy side road, no cars parked close for the scum to hide behind! looks like an insurance job in the new year, my first claim since I can remember, luckily I got NC protection.

I think there's screwed up kids wherever you go nowadays, dunno what the solution is apart from moving to a Greek Island or something.

Cheers for your support Mr Fly.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Unfortunately this sort of thing seems to be fashionable amongst the chavs of thanet and surrounding areas.

my condolances

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I have had mine done this weekend again, right from the drivers headlight to the back tail light and is very very deep, 2 weeks before that, someone keyed the opposite side! this is going to cost me hundreds if not close to a grand to get it fixed being metallic paint the whole car will just about getting re-sprayed!

Well pi$$ed off! [:mad:]

Aiden

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
A lot of people on here are getting there cars keyed lately.. and now its getting beyond a joke.. if i ever saw anyone keying a car id go mental mode straight away just one of those things that ticks me off..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Gutted for you AndyR. Can't believe its happened to you again AidenUK. [:(]

Its all about jealousy. Chavs get jealous that you have a nice car, and as they have dropped out of school they want to ruin other peoples cars.

Hope you guys both get it sorted - don't let this ruin your christmas.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
It won't ruin my Xmas, but it will certainly put a budget on the money i spend over Xmas now, luckily i have done all my shopping so it won't affect that. I am so mad that is has happened to me twice in 3 weeks, it is going to cost me a fortune to have put right because i don't want to go through my insurance. When its dinner time i am going to get a couple of quotes from local garages etc. Who ever has done this or do this to any of our cars are total scum!

Not happy

Aiden

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jesus, twice in 3 weeks, what can I say, 1st time for me and it will *have* to go through the insurance, no other option bar leaving it. The ColourMagic polish with the wax lipstic might make it look a bit better but it'll still be there.

What can you do apart from leaving the car garaged and locked, I can't see any other way of stopping this behaviour, malicious damage just for the fun of it, can you imagine the state of the nation when these @r$ehole$ are old enough to vote... let alone become politicians.

Don't let 'em grind you down, otherwise they've won!

At least the panels are galvanised (I think) and won't rust...

I'm trying to look on the bright side, at least the little dent and the stone chips will be sorted on the bonnet :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Unfortunalty this seems to be the new thing to do for the scallys in Manchester as well.

Parked my previouse car in a local pub car park in a nice part of the City. Went in for Sunday dinner after a big night out and came back to find some little ***** ***** *****'s had keyed all down drivers side, bonnet, boot, passenger side roof and even taken the time to smash glasses and put them under my brand new OZ super T's to puncture the tyres!!!! needless to say my hangover got worse. Like any normal person after collecting 4 years no claims the last thing I wanted to do was claim and with a ?600 excess on the insurance it was not an option.

In a way the little dirty, low life, going nowhere in life scum bags from the depths of the earth did me a favour in a rather crazy way! after giving my m8 ?600 to re spray the panels that got done I part ex'd it for my GTI which I wouldn't swap.........even for a chance to smash the living daylights out of every scum bag that might have been involved!!!!

I have the greatest sympathy for anyone that has fallen victim to the parasites that we unfortunatly have to breath with [:mad:].

Anyone reading this from Clifford alarms..........topic for your next AGM, a nice device that arms the car with a big enough electrical charge so that as the little B*****ds begin to scratch with their desired tool........you get the idea [:O]

Anyway, feel much better now i have got that rant over with.

Cheers guys [:D][Y]

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Jesus, twice in 3 weeks, what can I say, 1st time for me and it will *have* to go through the insurance, no other option bar leaving it. The ColourMagic polish with the wax lipstic might make it look a bit better but it'll still be there.

What can you do apart from leaving the car garaged and locked, I can't see any other way of stopping this behaviour, malicious damage just for the fun of it, can you imagine the state of the nation when these @r$ehole$ are old enough to vote... let alone become politicians.

Don't let 'em grind you down, otherwise they've won!

At least the panels are galvanised (I think) and won't rust...

I'm trying to look on the bright side, at least the little dent and the stone chips will be sorted on the bonnet :)
possibly getting a car cover will prevent them keying our cars ...... but then they may kick the car and dent it so that when we take off the cover in the morning we are met with a massive dent in the door - we just can't win. [:'(]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are there any camera's at the place where either of you had the cars keyed? just a thought.

I hate people who do stuff like that, its usually jealousy.

really hope you get it sorted soon.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Has anyone got a story about actually catching one of these scumbags keying a car?

I would love to hear a blow by blow account of someone catching one of these lowlives!!!

It would make me feel so much better... a bit of justice.

There has been far to many cases of car vandolism lately.

·
Registered
90 Posts
sorry to hear whats happen to you, i had this done a couple of months back.

i just hope these ***** get what coming to them. [:mad:]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
i know this is old but just had my girls fiesta done, from passenger door through rear door, to rear light, whats the best way of dealing with it. its an old fiesta but it was in pretty good nick, but don't want to spend much, should I go through insurance?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
What colour is it? If its a solid colour and not metallic it may not be as expensive as some may think so you maybe able to get it done at a decent garage for a good price, how much is the car worth? Do you think its worth losing no claims and bumping the premium up? if so claim on your insurance but i would try do every possible to not claim as you will just get shafted on your renewal quote!

Hope you sort it mate

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Had my fiesta done last summer. Didn't claim through insurance - was quoted ?500 for a respray.

In the end, I left it. Suprisingly some of the marks do get masked by meguairs nxt wax - so they may even polish out.

Hope you can get it sorted.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i hate this sort of behavior that can happen outside your house, the problme is you can get it all sprayed again sure. but once the little git sees you have repared it they will do it again!

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
i hate this sort of behavior that can happen outside your house, the problme is you can get it all sprayed again sure. but once the little git sees you have repared it they will do it again!
That is exactly why i havent had mine resprayed! [:mad:] From time to time, i feel like getting it done, but then it will take 1 second for some idiot to do it again!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts