Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think, ignore the yankee styling though, imagin it all nice and smooth, colour coded, and LOW

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Andy, i've heard that Keskin's are a bad quality wheel, not to mention overpriced. I enquired about a set of KT4's a few months ago and was quoted ?1600, then shortly after that i found out that they are prone to the same corrosion problems as some of the BBS wheels!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Andy i think this wheel is stunning.I was looking at the RH ZW1 wheel which is almost identical but they only come in 17s i think.This is just what i was looking for in the 18s.I am quite concerned about RJH comments on the quality issues though.Has anyone else heard about this with Keskin wheels as they aint cheap?I really want these wheels but not if they go like the BBS wheels.The only trouble is some people use all sorts of strong acid cleaners and wonder why they get corroded wheels.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I agree, the ZW1 is a seriously nice rim, they look especially nice on Lee Cowlishaw's Corrado in this months PVW. But seriously, i'd look into those quality issues further if you're serious about getting a set! [:)]

·
Registered
469 Posts
My brocks B4 r going in to be refurbed and will be for sale after that!

Keskins r nice but there r loads of very similair wheels out there ... RH, Artec, Brocks, etc

·
Registered
658 Posts
My brocks B4 r going in to be refurbed and will be for sale after that!

Keskins r nice but there r loads of very similair wheels out there ... RH, Artec, Brocks, etc
You still got the brocks then Imran! I would still like a set for mine really depending on the money you want etc (yes I know I bought new wheels recently!).

I have heard its v. hard to rebirb split rims especially with a polished lip like the B4's. Thats what put me off buying them from you before. Where are you taking them to be done & roughly how much will they be for sale for ?

·
Registered
469 Posts
You still got the brocks then Imran! I would still like a set for mine really depending on the money you want etc (yes I know I bought new wheels recently!).

I have heard its v. hard to rebirb split rims especially with a polished lip like the B4's. Thats what put me off buying them from you before. Where are you taking them to be done & roughly how much will they be for sale for ?
I do indeed and i am selling them, as my porsche wheels (18x9 and 18x10) r being fitted tomorrow! 2 piece wheels r easliy refurbed! i know a really good place that will do them for ?40 cash each or ?50 with a diamond cut dish! The brocks havnt got a polished lip they have got a bright silver finish all over.

TBH i think i sell them as they r, without tyres u can have them for ?250 .... NOW THAT IS A FLIPPING BARGIAN!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I am tempted but I have just flippin bought wheels 2 month ago! Would love the brocks though. Where are you based if your not too far I might come have a look at them.

If you had some photos you could email them to me would be helpful?

Whats the contact for the refirb place you know Tel: no so I can speak to them bout a refirb on them?

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OY you lot, I want first go on them wheels, after all it was my
thread.... Imran where are you based and do you have any pics of the
wheels? what size are they? 18's obviously but how about width? how
badly do they need a refurb?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Imran the wheels look really good but i was wondering how much youve  lowered the car.I only want to lower my car my max of 30mm as i want to try and retain some comfort.I am worried that this style of wheel is only going to look right with a more severe drop say 50-60mm.  I;m getting old at 30 my bones cant take these potholes like i use to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts