Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to see how common this actually is, after seeing those bad anni rims in the other topic! What are the state of your wheels?

How many Kerbed - Condition of Kerbing.

Ie. 3 Wheels - Minor Kerbing. This means I have kerbed 3 of my wheels, but the kerbing, in general, is only minor.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Had my wheels over a year and not a single mark on them. I do avoid kerb like the plague and people must think I can't park for ****.

Bet I go out and kerb them tomorrow after saying that

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I kerbed one of my MK4 BBS CH's (very minor) a few days before I was about to hand the car over to the new owner....oops!

Not my fault though, was trying to avoid another car - it was either the wheel or my wing!

·
Registered
646 Posts
One slightly kerbed by me having to avoid a car coming towards me on a mission.

The others are also slightly done, but not counting those as the previous users of my car did this [;)]

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
never curbed in 2 years, but hit a massive pothole which buckled the wheel a little and i didnt know, then tyre lace took a bit off as i said they were straight and unmarked.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Mine got kerbed after a week of ownership and no kerbing in 9 months of ownership of the previous ones. When the choice is wheel meets kerb or drivers side meets artic which is on your side of the road, there's not much thinking involved [V]

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
No kerbing - stay well away from the sides of the road.

This is especially true when someone is turning right and most of the Vectra type reps are going around the inside by either mounting the kerb or squeezing past the car. Me: no. [:D]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I managed to kerb one of my rims when I cae back from my honeymoon earlier this year, just the fact that I had known I had done it drove me nuts so 3 days later is was repaired!

J.

·
Registered
V6 4Motion
900 Posts
Minor kerbing on one wheel that I didn't notice until I washed the car for the first time after buying it !

I have a drive but it is quite narrow so my problem is little chips out of the door which really bugs me - perhaps another thread/poll topic on its way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 wheel minor - due to hitting a stupid bell thing which they use for road calming in some areas, now I drive through the bus lane next to it - it'd be cheaper paying a fine than having to get them refurbed I figure......but they're anni's so i'll have to get them refurbed sooner or later.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not a mark on mine.

I'm an absolute saddo when parallel parking - Always drop my wing mirrors so I can see the kerb just before getting near it and reverse in carefully.

Not kerbed a car (apart from hire car and steel wheels half on purpose!) since passing my test.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts