Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all can anyone help??i just installed this unit,but cant get any pictures off the dvds to play, its just sound,i know you got to connect the parking wire up to handbrake,but on me other cars you can get away with wiring it up to a metal part of the car,can you do this with this unit??if so where is the best place?

i know alot of people have this unit,advice would be great[Y]

cheers paul

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yea think i did mine to a screw behind the unit at the back of the stereo cage in there mate have you just touched it to some metal and see if the pic comes on that is how i sussed mine out

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
took me ages to fit unit,sooooo many wires,had to take out climatronic below it to hide the wires,gona have to pull it out again

cheers bud illl give it another go

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
hello mate

you dont have to conect the handbreak wire atall[:p] this is not a must do

on the unit above the blue button on the left keep pressing it untill the unit s elects the dvd screen and then you wil have the picture

·
Registered
410 Posts
You dont have to put it to metal can just wire it to earth. Only thing is this takes the safty out because you can watch the dvd while driving which is why they put it on there but as long as its earth that will work.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can you point me to a good earth point??tried a few places but still cant get picture,there is none behind stereo,its driving me mad[:mad:]

plus i cant get to the handbrake anyway

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
can you point me to a good earth point??tried a few places but still cant get picture,there is none behind stereo,its driving me mad[:mad:]

plus i cant get to the handbrake anyway
If you take the ash tray out there are 2 13 mm nuts i attached my V1 to that as an earth

as it is part of the drive tunnel[Y]

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tried there it wont do it ?do you have to screw it on?

my last headunit i could get away with just taping it onto metal.it was a vauxhall though[:$]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
no just put a ring end and crimp it on and it will be ok there lol

hold on and i will get a pic of where i have it ok mate

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Ok

i have just had a look and what you need to do is take the ashtray out and under there you wil fint a T25 taorx (remove that) and take the ashtray unit out and then you will se 4 13mm nuts that hold the gearstick box in pleace

remove the front left or right one and conect it to there JOB DONE[H]

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok will give it another go,will have to wait till tommorrow though its too dark now[:(]

cheers buddy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
LOL the red wine was playing on my brain

so i forgot about taking the compleat ashtray out [:$]

oh well better have another glass hic+*:

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Guys,why not just use the solid brown earth wire in the head units ISO loom,it's what it's there for? (And BTW,it's Torx T20 screws holding about 95% of the car together).

Chris.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guys,why not just use the solid brown earth wire in the head units ISO loom,it's what it's there for? (And BTW,it's Torx T20 screws holding about 95% of the car together).

Chris.
can you do that?just splice it open and connect?

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts

Chris.
can you do that?just splice it open and connect?
No reason why not,after all every earth wire (solid brown) is connected to earth,or even to the black wire in your head units power ISO loom.

Chris.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey guys still no pictures!!!cant get it to work,touch various bits of metal,touched the brown wire still no joy???

any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
224 Posts
fitted one of these the other week - just connect the handbrake wire to the earth - also the blue button s elects the main mode - ie dvd. Once this is s elected press the F key above it and it will cycle the display and on one of the options you will get the picture. PM if you have any probs with your mobile number and i'll cal you and walk you through

1 - 20 of 31 Posts