Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you that are intrested in upgrading your stereo and are worried what it may look like i will be updating the golf for GTi International with Kenwood's New DDX 6029 Double Din Screen. This will give u a chance to see how the unit looks. We will also have on stand the 2 new DPX 501 and DPX 701 Double din Head Units.

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/ListCateg.aspx?k1=2&k2=4&k3=23

These again look fantastic ill let u decide for yourself when u see them. If you are up at GTI International please pop over to the Kenwood stand and have a look.

James

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not bad, but if I was to go double din I'd go for

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4833&cadid=3939a9ecb549e4f7a996a2d27e924c48

Out of interest what prices are the units ?
Seeing as i work for Kenwood kinda have to have Kenwood product in my car.

As for comparisions Kenwood is 7" widescreen

I have seen both in cars and i personally think the Kenwood fits a little better in the Golf, Come and have a look at GTi andmake your own mind up.

We only realesed the screen last week should retail same price as the DDX 6027 (older model)

James

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi James,

Does the Quadlock connection on the MkV plug directly into the back of these units? What sort of money are they both?

Thanks,

Colm

·
Registered
70 Posts
What's the support like for the multi function steering wheel on these h/u's? Is that all taken care of in the main loom?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the support like for the multi function steering wheel on these h/u's? Is that all taken care of in the main loom?
Hi just been looking on the web looks like there is not a steering control lead available as yet so you would loose them, all controls would be done through the head unit

James

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks James,

Do you know if it is a straight plug and play or if there is some mods needed for say a hands free kit??

Cheers,

Colm

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi if you were to go for a DDX6029 it is bluetooth ready. Kenwood will be realising the bluetooth module in the next 2 months this will enable full control over the phone. You will be abke to dial the numbers form the keypad on the screen!!!

if you did'nt want to use bluetooth all kenwood units have a tel mute very easy to wire up.

James

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi if you were to go for a DDX6029 it is bluetooth ready. Kenwood will be realising the bluetooth module in the next 2 months this will enable full control over the phone. You will be abke to dial the numbers form the keypad on the screen!!!

if you did'nt want to use bluetooth all kenwood units have a tel mute very easy to wire up.

James
I'm actually trying to decide what one i want - Alpine or Kenwood [:)] the Pioneer would be fantastic, but I dont have that sort of money for a car stereo!

Any chance of some pictures of the display with the main menu, the cd info and a couple of the other screens? I cant seem to find any online (or they are really bad quality)

Since you work for Kenwood & have a VW any chance of a group buy on them?[;)]

Thanks!!

Dog .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts