Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

Think a Few Uniiversity of Kent - UK-MKiVs members might be meeting up in the Canterbury area, didnt know if any other members fancied turning up to trump up the numbers.

Nothing planned as of yet..so upto you guys..............

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Hey.

Think a Few Uniiversity of Kent - UK-MKiVs members might be meeting up in the Canterbury area, didnt know if any other members fancied turning up to trump up the numbers.

Nothing planned as of yet..so upto you guys..............
Christ.. I was thinking about this t'other day too.. just gotta decide on a nice location now though ! where could we go in kent. I think we should do a nice meet in the summer but one sooner would be good too.. grrrr can forget about using ie 7 beta then if it does that to the text ! and there's no smilies either..

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Serves you right for Beta software. I'm sure I could be persuaded to make an appearance with Dan and give Neo some jip at some point too... [:)]

C

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Oh sounds like a good idea for a little run in the car and to meet up with some new faces ......

wil depend when thou

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
me too. used to be a student.
Paul.. long time no see ! Make sure you come along to this one !

NOSAJ - woohoo.. more people to the first offishcal kent meet ! [:D] [Y]

[:)]

When suits everybody ? April is quite busy.. 2nd is the karting at bayford (jase will drop you a text tonight bout your cheque - need your address !) and the 30th is BBT. How about may sometime ??

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
NOSAJ - woohoo.. more people to the first offishcal kent meet ! [:D] [Y]
And Bluewater's not kent?? [:eek:] [;)] [:p]

C
Well yeah.. but it wasn't an official kent meet, I think it was one of the london meets.. I like things to be official okay [:p] I know.. i'm a noob ! [:p] [:$][:$][:$][:$]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Sounds like a bit of fun driving to me!! [:D] got any dates in mind?!
Well, april is kinda full up already, so depending on the date of the upcoming southern rr day, then I say a coupla weeks either side of that in may ?

June is busy with inters and le mans/british gp.. [:D]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Sounds like a bit of fun driving to me!! [:D] got any dates in mind?!
Well, april is kinda full up already,
I'm up for this also please....

Date wise have you thought about the Bank Holiday in April? Friday 14th and Monday 17th.

If you were to hold it on Friday afternoon you could also make an evening of it [:D]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Dude you're not thinking of a B&B and a few drinkipoos to finish off that evening are you?? [;)]

C
LOL.... a possibility I guess...[:D]

It's just the other half will be working on the Friday and the Monday.... so i can go out and play...[:D]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Dude you're not thinking of a B&B and a few drinkipoos to finish off that evening are you?? [;)]

C
LOL.... a possibility I guess...[:D]

It's just the other half will be working on the Friday and the Monday.... so i can go out and play...[:D]
LOL.. kev's been allowed out to play ! [;)] only messin with ya mate [;)]

I reckon the evening of the 14th then ? I am busy on that monday as it is the years single most important day of local motorsport action for me, the british rallycross at lydden hill near dover ! If your at a loose end on the monday Kev (or anyone else for that matter!) come down.. it's crackin action ! 650bhp cars on gravel and tarmac [:D]

Aaaaanyway, veering off on a wild tangent there ! How about the eve of the 14th april then ? Lets hope it's a little warmer then ! [:D]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Hmmm, 14th looks doable, I'm not scheduled in for Easter weekend currently (which means I'm not in on the B/Hs atm!)... Are we doing Cant or going somewhere else?? Day or evening, both, staying, etc??

I'm also off that Monday Dan, so a trip to Dover may be in order (and if you're free Kev, quite happy to drive you down there so the gravel doesn't attack your baby [;)])

C

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I'm also off that Monday Dan, so a trip to Dover may be in order (and if you're free Kev, quite happy to drive you down there so the gravel doesn't attack your baby [;)])
Kool ! Then come along, it's a crackin day out.. I just hope it's warmish as it's quite exposed there and can be miserable if the sun hasn't got his hat on.. [:|] But the racing is usually superb ! [:)]

FYI - www.rallycrossuk.com [Y]

Hmmm, 14th looks doable, I'm not scheduled in for Easter weekend currently (which means I'm not in on the B/Hs atm!)... Are we doing Cant or going somewhere else?? Day or evening, both, staying, etc??
I'm not sure.. not that I am specifically organising it (don't wanna tread on any toes here !), but trying to think of somewhere nice to meet up. I can think of a nice place in the summer tho.. !

There's a national trust place above dover docks and theres a car park (bit small tho, so worried bout enough space) and you can walk down to the cliffs edge and look over at all the goings on down below and when it's dark you can see both sides of the channel (assuming it's a clear night !) and see all the ferries going across with the lights on.. it can be quite picturesque.

Thought it would be a slightly unusual place to meet up and might be able to get a nice sunset pic with the cars etc etc.. you get my thinkin', I guess !

Hopefully neo can confirm if the ukc is okay to meet up this time tho [:D][Y]

1 - 20 of 92 Posts