Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are off to the races at Kempton racecourse (snubury-on-thames) just after xmas and wanted to know of any good b&b/hotels close buy. We want to have a couple of drinkie's and it would be nice to stay somewhere close-by. It does need to have it's own parking.

Has anyone any advice or suggestions?

Any info appreciated![:)]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, Think I have found one about a mile away with a pub over the road.... result!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The lionsgate is ok bit hit and miss on car parking as it is at a real premium round that area.

There are not that many hotels local to that area where is the place you have found ? the other place I can think of is the cardinal wolesey on the green in hampton court which I know has parking ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lionsgate is ok bit hit and miss on car parking as it is at a real premium round that area.

There are not that many hotels local to that area where is the place you have found ? the other place I can think of is the cardinal wolesey on the green in hampton court which I know has parking ?
This is the place.....

http://www.youstayuk.com/listing356.html

Righ near a pub called "The Sawyers Arms", meant to be a nice pub.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're down on the 27th December for races at Kempton. Should be in the pub by about 6pm if your about let us know and pop in for a couple!!

Do you know what the pubs like at all??

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
never been may have to try it one lunch time and let you know, i live in hampton which is a couple of miles down the road so dont visit the area in the evenings.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would be good mate, would be nice to know if pub any good. Otherwise will have to find another watering hole nearby.

What's wrong with the evenings..... is it Hampton which is the problem?[;)]

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
not at all just my local is 20 metres away and it is a nice pub good bear good food and good people so have never really ventured any further you cheeky git [:p]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the link mate much appreciated! Don't worry too much as have booked the B&B now so I'm sure if that one is no good there must be another within walking distance! Hopefully anyway.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
yeah no problem you are near feltham town centre 10 15minutes walk and there are a few other pubs there.

Seems the most recent review was after its makeover which does not look that long ago as it is pretty much spotless from the outside.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts