Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Its soon coming up to a year since I sold my A3 and as I have a car with work ive not needed to own a car since.

Am just a little unsure of best way to keep my no claims going.

Was with More Than and they said it holds for a year.

I was paying about £300 for my A3 1.8T Quattro, I am amazed as just done a quote on our 1.5 dci Clio and its coming out at no much less, lol, and trying third party actually comes out more, lol

Any ideas of best way to go about this? adding people on policy etc... I am bascialy not going to use it, just to keep the no claims!

Cheers

CB

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
you lose them after two years ive heard. as you have not driven in two years bla bla bla and you are a higher risk. so you need to insure a car or you will lose them. to be honest its another way of getting your cash.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I used to work for the car insurance dept of the AA, your No claims are valid for two years without having them on a car if you know what i mean (Or thats what we were told), dont know why more than are saying its only a year.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just buy a scrapper and insure it,cheap as poss,declare it sorn. Thats what a lot of my mates have done with bikes in the past to keep there no claims going

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah its mad isnt it!

I either need to find another decent Cossie, been looking for 7 months, or insure the Clio or my girlfriends car, mental!

Cant work out why Third party only is more though?!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I work for an insurer,

Third party will be more because generally if you are not insuring the vehicle to damage against the vehicle you could be classed as someone who is not going to be a careful driver. If you insure the vehicle comp or third party fire + theft you clearly care more about your vehicle.

With regards to the NCD it is entirely up to your next insurer how old the NCD can be. The company I work for is two years, which seems to be standard. If the company above wont accept anything over one year, it is their prerogative to do so!

Cheers

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Just buy a scrapper and insure it,cheap as poss,declare it sorn. Thats what a lot of my mates have done with bikes in the past to keep there no claims going
Absolutely what I'd do too. [Y] Any old heap that's worth little and a low insurance group. 1.0 Micra may just do the trick! [li]

Wigster.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HI guys,

Need to sort this one sharpish!

So if I were to say I owned the car, but it actully belonged to the misses, would anything flag up to the insurer to show two people are insuring the same car?

Ive got some down to £180 to £200 ish, but if i change to i dont own the car it jumps up loads, grrrrr!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts