Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought me one of these for my Karcher Jet washer.[H]

Its an attachment for giving all the crud on the car a pre wash foam soak, you just add a mixture of shampoo & the jet wash does the rest [Y]

Posted Image

I shall let you know my thoughts & remarks once I have used it this weekend [Y]

Image borrowed from Steve L200 @ http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/index.php

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Like the idea.. I might invest in a newer Karcher in the new year. My current one has served me well but it's lost a bit of power since I damaged it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got a foam attachment from Halfrauds last weekend, awesome stuff,
although I dont think NXT wash is the best thing to use in it as it
doesnt foam much. Either way very impressed by the sheer speed of a
quick wash when needed in the chilling cold using this method.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Have still got one of them from the old karcher but the new one has a little tube you dip into your 'poo' and it sucks it up if you get what I mean. Trouble is before you know it, the whole bottle of 'poo' has gone, oh dear.

I don't use either, I do it the old fashioned way and only use the karcher for the pre-wash blast and the rinse off blast.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Have still got one of them from the old karcher but the new one has a little tube you dip into your 'poo' and it sucks it up if you get what I mean. Trouble is before you know it, the whole bottle of 'poo' has gone, oh dear.

I don't use either, I do it the old fashioned way and only use the karcher for the pre-wash blast and the rinse off blast.
You still dilute the shampoo before putting it in the bottle, just a couple of caps will do.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
You still dilute the shampoo before putting it in the bottle, just a couple of caps will do.....
I never found it to be that good if diluted.
What I have found , is that when applying shampoo via the tube, there is little foam effect compared to the picture (even when the shampoo is added neat), until you switch the unit back to high pressure, my unit is an RAC model , if I was buying again, I would look at the rinsing spec litres/min and prolly go for an Alto Kew .

The instructions that came with my unit was not very in depth and even calling the (helpdesk) they knew little more than me about my unit, I managed to get a similar looking dispenser bottle but still no joy compared to the picture above :-(

·
Registered
233 Posts
I never found it to be that good if diluted.
CTP

I washed the car again with the pressure washer yesterday, after some thought about the foam effect, I realised that since I wash a panel at a time and then rinse, I simply switched between low and high pressure (LP for about 3 secs) when returning to HP there is more than enough foam distribution for each panel.

Was really pleased with the final results, and observed that only about 125ml of shampoo solution was used and now able to complete a quick winter wash.

Just gotta finalise which shampoo to use, leaders so far AG, Zymol not tried megs soft gel ....

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put the shampoo in straight, not watered down, also I stand about 6 feet away from the car, this allows the foam to "Form" in the air, no I 'm not crazy either.

Out of the shampoo's I've tried the Sonax Gloss shampoo is about the best, I've tried Zymol & Megs Soft wash, both are good, but Sonax is the better of the 3 .

I'll take a pic on saturday when I wash her, that pic I used was stolen from detailingworld

2p

·
Registered
233 Posts
I put the shampoo in straight, not watered down, also I stand about 6 feet away from the car, this allows the foam to "Form" in the air, no I 'm not crazy either.

Out of the shampoo's I've tried the Sonax Gloss shampoo is about the best, I've tried Zymol & Megs Soft wash, both are good, but Sonax is the better of the 3 .
I would imagine the soft gel and zymol are too thick for direct feed in the tube of my pressure washer, mixed the zymol 100/150, elsewhere someone mentioned the VW own brand wash is actually sonax, it was 3 yrs ago when I tried it but the AG seemed better on my then mk4, also I am reading either on this forum or elswhere that the zymol autwash is made my turtle wax, has anyone got a definate on this?

PS the guy next door came and asked if I was washing the car with banannas?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I paid ?15 for mine from Halfruads, you can get them off their interweb site, but the charge ?5 P&P !!!

Just get the parr # off the site & they will order you one in if they dont carry it, takes about 2-3 days.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
15 quid! cor thats good.

What model and brand is it?

Have to say using a sponge or mitt all the time can get a bit annoying.

Cheers mate!

·
Registered
233 Posts
15 quid! cor thats good.

Cheers mate!
I think they are reffering to the foam nozzle attacment not the pressure washer unit itself, lowest cost ones I have seen is 25ukp

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
15 quid! cor thats good.

Cheers mate!
I think they are reffering to the foam nozzle attacment not the pressure washer unit itself, lowest cost ones I have seen is 25ukp
Sorry, I thought you ment the Foam lance bit.

My Jet washer is a Karcher 6.80, I got it for just under ?300 in the Halfrauds sale a year or so ago...

·
Registered
233 Posts
LOL,

Thought it were a bit cheap :)

best start saving then!
Be careful when purchasing a Pressure washer for vehicle use, More is not always better! so be careful with getting too high a pressure, pressure washer or not, the dirt will still need wiping with a sponge mitt brush or other, before rinsing.

A budget of 120ukp will get you something more than adequate...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got this karcher one too, the one with the tube that is > i usually find if i put 2 caps of shamp's in a small jug n mix it with sum warm water then put in the tube it helps it foam n work alot better > maybe something ofr you to try

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got this karcher one too, the one with the tube that is > i usually find if i put 2 caps of shamp's in a small jug n mix it with sum warm water then put in the tube it helps it foam n work alot better > maybe something ofr you to try
I have 'mastered' the use of my pressure washer now, I have a small Volvic bottle 250ml which I have put a hole through the cap and passed the feeder tube through the hole, now I add a couple of caps of shampoo then top up the bottle with water , shaken but not stirred, heh heh.

I switch the pressure washer to low pressure for about 3 secs then switch back to high pressure , start at the bottom of a panel and work upwards, a distribution of foam is ejected on to the car and after a few secs just water emits from the washer more than enough to cover a panel, I then sponge down the panel rinse off with the PW, and repeat the technique on the next panel....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts