Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just picked up a k04 turbo, manifold & down pipe and high flow cat of a audi tt Bam. I currently have a remapped Agu, Should i expect to see any increase in power after fitting these parts or will it need to be remapped again.

Also will i need to replace the injectors, and what sort of figures can i expect to get after this conversion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated [:D]

Phil

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Pretty sure theres a bit more to it than just the parts you have and it will need a re-map.. with all the bits you should see 260 - 270hp, but to be honest I'd stick it on ebay and put the cash towards a KO3/4 Eliminator setup from ATP, they're claiming 300hp from a bolt-on senario with a few other trimmings.... should be released in the next month or so..

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I'd stick it on ebay and put the cash towards a KO3/4 Eliminator setup from ATP, they're claiming 300hp from a bolt-on senario with a few other trimmings.... should be released in the next month or so..
They do look very interesting, will 300bhp be ok with stock internals though?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'd stick it on ebay and put the cash towards a KO3/4 Eliminator setup from ATP, they're claiming 300hp from a bolt-on senario with a few other trimmings.... should be released in the next month or so..
They do look very interesting, will 300bhp be ok with stock internals though?
Yep... I've emailed and spoken to them a couple of times and stock internals are fine... its a full bolt-on solution to the K03/4 setup... looks very impressive on their website absolutly huge compaired to the K0 chargers!! I'll be hammering in credit card when they're released!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Is this ATP in America?
If so will the kit fit RHD cars ?
Yep it is ATP in the US.. they say it takes up only a very small amount of room over the K03 item and cant see any problems fitting RHD cars...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For the stage 3 300hp i rekon its gonna be about 2k[:(] and then you got intercooler on top of that. Think i will stick to me k04.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i`ve been offered a gt28r turbo from a guy in america for 400 quid delivered. brand spanking new!!. apparently they nearly bolt on. think it`d be best for me to do that and make my own plumbing!

wat u think?

Phil m, how much did ya pick up your k04 stuff?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Good price for the charger... but sorry to say an off the shelf GT28 is no where near a bolt-on senario! thats why the Eliminators are developed... they use a casting that is compatable with the standard flanges and down pipe... off the top of my head to get a GT28 to fit you would also have to buy the correct manifold or one such as the Jabbasport manifold (?500) but in blank setup and have it drilled/studded for the Garret charger... think JBS would be your best line of contact as if IRC they offer this charger as a big turbo conversion but your looking at internals as well IRC as its capable of putting you in the 400hp club....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts