Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a short survey I noticed that the prices for this adapter plate are way to high and there is no immediate supply on this item. So I contacted a local workshop and got a quotation on mass producing this item by copying

an already available plate that we have tested and it works.

Using high grade materials and with all machining works, cost will range around 150£ or even lower (depending on the quantity of the order). If there is interest we will start with 10 pieces and see how it goes.

This is a feeler to see if there is any interest on the whole thing.

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
Interesting offering. I think what would help would be if you could summarise the other parts that are needed for this conversion, which engines are more suited to it (if that is the case or not). This way people can see what's involved. You may also interest people that weren't aware of this conversion and were just considering lower powered hybrids etc.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I may be interested with some more info ... what power will the mentioned turbo be good for on an AMK engine with some IE rifle drilled rods?

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
I may be interested with some more info ... what power will the mentioned turbo be good for on an AMK engine with some IE rifle drilled rods?
I think you'd end up with something similar to Chris's track car output if you had the supporting map and upgrades, its the same turbo, so thereabouts 360 BHP :Y:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to clear some things up. I don't really know how much beach buggy sells right know but the price I have seen on facebook is around 210£ and there wasn't any availability.

The design comes from a local workshop and he has no problem with us copying and improving the current adapter.

Now quality wise we are gonna aim for the best available materials and if we manage to get some people on to this I think we can get an even better price.

To all the people asking for this setup I suggest you visit Chris's post since he has done an amazing job with his engine ending up with around 360bhp.

From my point of view this setup is much more powerful than a hybrid k04-023 and you are gonna need all the mods to support 320+bhp. Since k04-064 produces an amazing amount of torque in the mid revs rods are highly recommended if you

intend to reach for every available horsepower.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You mean which workshop design it or in which workshop we will try to do the job? I get the feeling that offended someone here with this post and it really wasn't my intention.

This is a feeler for a plate adapter and it is turning into you stole the design from our guy thread....

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,470 Posts
If I was to do it again, I'd buy the BBT one. I like how the plate is angled and you don't need the angled washers instead. That said, mine cost me a tenner and an afternoon with a holesaw. The angled washers are a bit crap but I've got no issues even a *EDIT two years on.

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts
Cant see BBT producing any more at the current moment in time. But I could be wrong.

If someone knocked up 10 units that were a good design, they would be in high demand. Its becomming a VERY popular conversion now. (I know TTE do a CNC machined TFSI manifold/flange so it bolts directly to the 1.8T head. Maybe they would modify manifolds on their CNC or do a exchange basis. Who knows.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts