Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my turbo is quite loud, and whistles quite a lot louder than friends who have the k03 on their older 1.8t's....

im just curious as to if its normal? also now its been remapped its even louder obviously.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my turbo is quite loud, and whistles quite a lot louder than friends who have the k03 on their older 1.8t's....

im just curious as to if its normal? also now its been remapped its even louder obviously.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi Mate.

The k03s you have, is probably the unsilenced version, and will be louder than a silenced k03s and a k03 (which are all silenced)

Also, your pushing more boost through it, and its louder because of that. Your sucking a hell of a lot more air in with a remap.

Nothing to worry about, worse case scenarion, you have a leaky boost pipe (but your probably worrying about nothing)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi Mate.

The k03s you have, is probably the unsilenced version, and will be louder than a silenced k03s and a k03 (which are all silenced)

Also, your pushing more boost through it, and its louder because of that. Your sucking a hell of a lot more air in with a remap.

Nothing to worry about, worse case scenarion, you have a leaky boost pipe (but your probably worrying about nothing)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi Mate.

·
Registered
2 Posts

For future reference to anyone with the same issues. Either it's nothing to worry about or as you may suspect your turbo is dying and you should prepare to replace it. You'll loose some power as it goes more noticeable if you're tuned altho it may run like a champ until it doesn't make any boost at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.