Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticed threads regarding this mod but mainly for the AGU and its getting a bit confusing when asking questions regarding the AUM,

So, i already have stage 2 revo remap with a 4 BAR FPR, APR inline fuel pump, uprated SMIC and all the other things required for a stage 2, i know i will need a custom remap.

What else will i need for the upgrade to k03 hybrid with rs6 internall? Also can i use a k03s or best to use a k03 for the hybrid? What injectors, maf etc..

·
Registered
547 Posts
i have noticed threads regarding this mod but mainly for the AGU and its getting a bit confusing when asking questions regarding the AUM,

So, i already have stage 2 revo remap with a 4 BAR FPR, APR inline fuel pump, uprated SMIC and all the other things required for a stage 2, i know i will need a custom remap.

What else will i need for the upgrade to k03 hybrid with rs6 internall? Also can i use a k03s or best to use a k03 for the hybrid? What injectors, maf etc..
you will need 3" MAF housing and its TIP, TT225 injectors or 380cc, 3" exhaust system, Fmic or Smic will both work i think Fmic will give a bit more torque.

the most important is a custom remap and your tuner will advise for the other mods. K03 or K03s hybrid are the same.

Cheers,

·
Registered
547 Posts
how are people connecting the tip from a ko3 to a 3" maf, are they using reducers?

this is a 3" maf off a vr6, ok? function item() { [native code]...52266&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1
mate i am note sure if they use a LCR TIP or TT225 TIP, but i don't think a reducer is a good idea, because the advantange of a 3" MAF is to have a big amount of fresh air that flow in the intake and the Maf measure them if you install a reducer it will go back to the same.

this is my opinion, i don't know if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
With the AUM you could run the stock maf and just bigger pump and injectors. The stock AUM maf flows 881.900kg/h at 4.9902volts. So in theory for 270bhp 280lbft from a k03 hybrid you will need full turbo back exhaust, uprated fuel pump, 380cc injectors at 3 bar static, FMIC and TIP. If the tuner work on the average power band and not the peak power, then you will have a very quick setup.

Nick

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, i have 4 bar Already on for the revi stage 2 i have just checking if its ok to leave it on I would get a k03 but the money I save I would have to purchase a new forge tip anyhow as there turbo differs in size between the 2 turbos. I bought my apr off eBay new from usa for ?90 delivered and no tax.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Am i right in thinking that the k03s with the rs6 internals becomes a k04-001??

if so, as i have revo already, then can i use this remap by revo? under

Stage2 for 1.8T Transverse K04 based vehicles

http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=volkswagen
sorry mate, but u r mistaken. a k03 hybrid with rs6 internals is ~ a E05 turbo which i think is no more into production because they seem to blow a lot.

a k03 hybrid can reach 280 hp, a k04-001 can reach 250ish.

the best remap for an hybrid is a custom remap.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
You dont have to use Genesis injectors - If you go to a good mapper/tuner they will be able to put in whichever you choose. If I was going for your set up...

I'd go back to using a 3 bar FPR, get some S3/TT injectors (or VXR), exhaust, fmic and TIP - as Nick said above...

Also take it to Nick at RTech for the custom map as he will make sure its spot on [y]

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if i get the turbo installed before having the map done, would be ok to run on revo stage 2? i am only talking about driving it home from the garage...?

Also how easy is it to install the injectors?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.