Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:D]Just washed my car in the snow--i must be nuts!!it had to be done as the car had gone from canyon red to council grit white.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Best to do it when you can in this weather to get the worst of the salt off. Trouble is you have to use a lot of water to get the grit off as well = even more ice!

Just make sure the water goes in the gutter if poss and is not left over the drive/pavement.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, Canyon Red doesn't look too good when covered in salt does it?

It kind of goes a dusty pink colour !!

Still my favorite colour when clean though. Not too many of them about either.

Oh and yes.... you are a madman washing a car during a snow shower.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Three clean canyon reds or only one !!!Oh and by the way there's a nice patch of ice for the woman to find when she comes in later.

·
Registered
518 Posts
More than likely to be just the one clean one.

That'll be resolved tomorrow tho, as i gotta get the golf sparkling for sundays london meet.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
My car is really badly dirty at the moment, just dont have the time to do it just at the moment.

Sunday I will tho!

I hate seeing it dirty

·
Registered
518 Posts
Oxford, if your cars not Canyon Red, sadly you're not welcome on this thread.

Only kidding mate. it is frustrating when you don't have time to clean.

Glad to hear you've finally resolved your next car dilemma.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Silly pink cars ay Ox [:D]

Dont they know BLACK is the colour of choice, mind you mine looks grey at the moment [:I]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
lol @ jace and Gareth! [:)]

Mine is grey too, mind you it has some nice wax all over it including the wheels which will keep it OK till Sunday when I get back from the GFs [:)]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I washed her this morning,-1 outside but how smug did I feel when I drove in to tesco's, all shiney in the sea of dirty cars [:D]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 26/02/2005 12:37:05

I washed her this morning,-1 outside but how smug did I feel when I drove in to tesco's, all shiney in the sea of dirty cars [:D]

And how smug did you feel driving back from Tesco's in a dirty car [:D]

Oh ......and black cars are limo's/taxis or drug dealers [:D][:D]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Starting to get hacked off with this weather now! mine car is really dirty so today i was hoping to have a good cleaning day but no!!! it's bloody snowing!!!!! When is the weather going to get better? !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts