Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well after two months of having her up for sale I'm pleased to have reached an acceptable deal with a buyer. Hopefully she should be picked up in two weeks. Been a great car and I will be sorry to see her go but time to move on and all that!

Unsure if I should delve back into VAG just yet, as I might keep the jalopy for over the winter - seeing as there aren't any shows until spring theres not much point sinking money back into a modern car until then [*-)]

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well done mate,

can sometimes be a ball ache driving a car worth a few quid you worry about everything.well i do anyway.

Bora sounds good they look good with a few tweaks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
congrats,i bet you will miss it though,would have liked to see it before at the meeting point for the horse shoe pass drive

i just went for a meet to meet a few ppl,got to be in work in abit[:(]

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Ach cant believe its gone! I remember the first time I saw that car in the flesh, truly amazing! Maybe the website could benefit from a gallery of shrines... cars that have been a huge influence to alot of people?? But are now gone but not forgotten!!

[:)]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
get yourself a 4motion Mark.... especially a 4motion Bora.... soooo cheap it would be rude not too.. and also Ideal for winter , you know how good the 4motion systems is in winter.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah,about time you got shut of that old nail Mark![:O][;)] Bet your sad to see her go,i know i would be,but at least its going to a good home,which is always good. Cant understand why really well kept cars on the forum(and elsewhere) are taking so long to find new homes? Maybe you need to get them dirty to sell them quicker?[:^)] Good news,anyway[Y] Cheers,Paul.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eye true enough Paul, I was half tempted to leave her with a bit of mud up the side to see if she would shift quicker!

Must admit most of the people I've had interested in the car have all been emailers - in that they've emailed me with an offer of ?10,000 and won't take no for an answer. Total time wasters in my book, putting in an offer on a car they haven't even seen...

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Eye true enough Paul, I was half tempted to leave her with a bit of mud up the side to see if she would shift quicker!

Must admit most of the people I've had interested in the car have all been emailers - in that they've emailed me with an offer of ?10,000 and won't take no for an answer. Total time wasters in my book, putting in an offer on a car they haven't even seen...
Glad to see it's gone. Having a nightmare trying to sell the V5 Bora. I can't understand why either. But, I'm getting the same as you, 'I will offer you 2k'. You keep telling them no but they keep saying are you sure, it's only worth 2k, I'm being generous etc etc.

So if you have any car selling tips....I can never seem to sell any of mine easy.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

Glad to see it's gone. Having a nightmare trying to sell the V5 Bora. I can't understand why either. But, I'm getting the same as you, 'I will offer you 2k'. You keep telling them no but they keep saying are you sure, it's only worth 2k, I'm being generous etc etc.

So if you have any car selling tips....I can never seem to sell any of mine easy.
just sit tight and it will go eventually. Its a bad time of year right now for obvious reasons. When selling something with a large price tag you ALLWAYS get the timewasters and dreamers. I had my fair share when selling my Golf. But in the end, it went.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts

just sit tight and it will go eventually. Its a bad time of year right now for obvious reasons. When selling something with a large price tag you ALLWAYS get the timewasters and dreamers. I had my fair share when selling my Golf. But in the end, it went.
I've been offered ?8500 for mine, and two lots of people just not turn up. I can see why PX'ing a car in so much easier-just expensive!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts