Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold the Gti back to the dealers for ?18,000 which is not bad as I had been offered as low as ?15k. Got to say that it has been one of the best cars I have owned in terms of a complete package with the only downside being the build quality which isn't really good enough for a car commanding ?20,000. A sad day

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
How long did you have it for and what extras did you have?  Basically I want to know how much you lost on it.   Whats next?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had metallic paint, 6cd with armrest and lether with heated seats. Extras 18" BBS CH's and Parrot 3100 car kit.

I paid ?22350 for the car in January new and covered just over 10000 miles so ?18k seems to be a fairly good price and I assume they have a buyer lined up as I offered it to the same dealer 4 weeks ago and they would only pay ?17,000.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess that's not a bad price, but wouldn't you just love to know the mark-up the dealers make when they sell the car on?!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I guess that's not a bad price, but wouldn't you just love to know the mark-up the dealers make when they sell the car on?!
Look at their website? That's what I do.

I got ?34,000 as a trade for my A3 and they stealers have it on their website for ?35,200. Not that they'll get it but bless them for trying!!

The Cooper S is a fun car but it's no GTI [:(]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mini cooper.
[:O] Oh dear, you may be in for a shock regarding build quality... although others have said it has improved (have a butchers at www.mini2.com)

J.
Just bought an 03 Cooper with about ?6000 of options 18,000 miles and no rattles, it is absoloutely mint, just bought as a 2nd car really as I am going to be doing 15-20,000 miles a year and have something else arriving in January which I don't want to pile the miles onto. The Mini should work out fairly economical as it has the free servicing and residuals are still good and I could not justify keeping the Gti price wise as it would lose far more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look at their website? That's what I do.
Now why didn't I think that a company like VW would allow you to track your local dealer's used stock online!! Shall pay close attention to that at trade-in time!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a Cooper, didn't seem worth paying the extra for a car that is going to be driven so much.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I suspect you will not see it on their website as they will already have a buyer lined up for it!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I suspect you will not see it on their website as they will already have a buyer lined up for it!
I think that they will acheive ?19,500for it but it will be up for ?19,995

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Hmm, looking at the VW used car database, ?20k gets you a GTI less than a year old and with under 10k miles. If you are lucky its got a CD changer and thats it. Your car should be up for nearer ?22k on a dealer forecourt with the spec you have.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Yeh Mags with all due respect I think you were done with that price... As for 15k which some offered!!

They will have no problem shifting a 9 month old GTI. I would've looked for 20k for it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts