Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold my GTI Black Turbo to knew buyer[:(!] Was sad to see it go, I had it for two years, we was well attached. Was sad seeing it drive away into the distance....[:(]

What shall I buy now???? want to buy another VW....[!]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Try taking the Mini Cooper S out for a test drive.

I did and am buying one as soon as my job situtation sorts itself out!

Good luck finding one mate.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
S3 or a Fabia vRS, dont think I could live with a Cooper S. Had a shot in one very quick but very very hard suspension couldn't do a long journery in one and boot is very small. Great looking wee car though. Fabia is great fun and blowing others away in a Skoda is a great feeling. Not driven an S3 so cant comment although would love to.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Choices choices, its hard to choose am staying german though

how do each cars compare

Anni

Cooper S

Audi S3

V6 4 Motion

Etc

Etc

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I had a a similar view on the cooper s, but my view has changed, I dont have many passengers and hardly shift anything about so it is pretty much perfect for me at the moment. Also putting the 16" alloys on the cooper s is supposed to help that. Relaly looking forward to getting something different. I just want a car that puts a smile on my face when I drive it and is fun. For the times that I have driven one it has done just that!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Anni - same as what you had pretty much.

Cooper S - spanking car to drive but not as fast as you may think. also the build isnt that great on the 3 I've seen colleagues have.

Audi S3 - perm 4wd, trusty engine, rare, cool. Bit lifeless to drive thought

V6 4 Motion - powerful, great sound and pretty solid. 4wd isnt up to much tho

Thought about an S4 with some miles on it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
why sell and then buy an anni? its just a golf with a bodykit and fancy alloys that corrode![:p] defiantely go with S3 they are cracking car[8D]

I was considering a copper-s but i knew i'd get bored and be a bit concerned that 95% are driven by women

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Could always get some extra cash and get the Works Cooper S. Not Then it wont be a girlie car.

Well ok it'd be more of a big-denim-wearing-man-hating-***-car... but its a start!

·
Registered
220 Posts
have a look on autotrader. you can get xenons,cruise,sunroof,bose sound system(very good,best of the best),leather recaros or alcantara/leather recaros,climate,etc etc. reckon you sould be able to find one with 30-40k on the clock for 14k[:D]

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote: posted by vedhead on 27/10/2004 22:44:42

Anni - same as what you had pretty much.

Cooper S - spanking car to drive but not as fast as you may think. also the build isnt that great on the 3 I've seen colleagues have.

Audi S3 - perm 4wd, trusty engine, rare, cool. Bit lifeless to drive thought

V6 4 Motion - powerful, great sound and pretty solid. 4wd isnt up to much tho

Thought about an S4 with some miles on it?

S3 and 4 motion have the same 4WD system and its not permanent

Leon Cupra R....although i'm not sure what the prices are like, they can't be far off 14k

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was almost in tears last weekend when I let my black GTI go... [:(]

Have just swapped it for an 1.8T A3 quattro - sort of a baby S3 I suppose [;)]

Cost me just over ?13k, for an '02 with 27000 miles on it. Immaculate condition, loads of extras, from an Audi dealer! Howzat? Feels like a fast GTI, but with better grip and handling [:D]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts