Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon everybody.

I have recently purchased a 1991 Polo GT Coupe with no MOT for £300.

Good Bits,

Mettalic Black - Lovely condition

Interior is in better condition than my mk4 golf spotless

14" BBS Rj's again spotless

110,000 miles which i think is pretty good for its age?

Recent cambelt, head gasket and air flow meter.

Orginal tape player

lowered 60mm on spax

Bad bits.

The only bad bit is the car has failed the MOT on the drivers side door sill, this wont cost much to replace as i can get all the welding and painting done at my dads workshop.

What i wanted to know is what you guys think this will likely fetch when it is finished and with 12 months Mot?

Thank you for taking the time to read and i look forward to your reponses.

Chris

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, it is really nice, i havent got any pics let as i only picked it up last night, i purchased it in pitch black which i know you shouldnt do but had a good look this morning and it really is mint, there is a bit of rust showing where the Sill is (this will be replaced and painted) then the bodywork will be near perfect.

i cant get over how nice the interior is though for a 20 year old car.

Any ideas how much this is likely to sell for when finished?

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Sorry mate, cant really help on that but i imagine its one of those cars where it can only be worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

If you get a huge enthusiast im sure they will pay more then your average Joe. So advertising on forums etc is probably your best bet.

Peter

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies mate, im going to get it ready for the MOT which hopefully aint going to cost me alot, and if i can make a bit of money ill be happy just to keep the car going for another few years.

if anybody else out there knows a bit about these little polos please reply.

thanks

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts