Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,591 Posts
Quote: posted by MarkGT on 16/09/2004 21:31:35

So is it best to wax and then polish or vice versa. I've recently got some of the NXT stuff and it's working well, but if there's anything better that can preserve for longer I'm v. interested.

I use both ZYMOL & NXT but I always seal them in with P21S Canuba wax, its the dogs, see my latest pics in members rides, ZYMOL with P21S on top.[^]

Best place is www.autopia.com cheap shipping too, even better cos of 1.8usd$ rate[:D]

· Registered
271 Posts
I found using the Zymol NXT very theraputic. Letting the wax warm up in your hands first and then applying it to the paintwork. Driven nearly 2K in two weeks (since using nxt) and bodywork still looks like its just been waxed. Nice stuff.

· Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by MarkGT on 16/09/2004 21:31:35

So is it best to wax and then polish or vice versa. I've recently got some of the NXT stuff and it's working well, but if there's anything better that can preserve for longer I'm v. interested.

The wax, particularly titanium, is more for protection (although it does give a good finish)from all the crepe your car gets hit with - bird poo poo, salt, acids in the rain, mud etc etc. So i guess you should polish first, wax last.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.