Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Just ordered this...........

3K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  rOcK_oN 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Had them on my car for over a year now no problems.

Keep an eye out on the rear springs though, mine look like theyre rusting through, but I ordered a spare set of springs for the rear for 50 odd quid, just in case!

#6 ·
Had them on my car for over a year now no problems.

Keep an eye out on the rear springs though, mine look like theyre rusting through, but I ordered a spare set of springs for the rear for 50 odd quid, just in case!
i'll try and keep them clean mate thanks for the tip i may order a spare of springs where did you get yours??

and btw guys do you think i did good? joms seem to be famous round here [:p]

#11 ·
how many did u get? 14?? lol they are ok for the price but apparantly theres this nut on the fronts u need to tighten as they can leak fluid. i bought mine from ebay too and within 2 months of fitting one of mine is leaking and squeeking. only thing is if u buy from somone like damien at dpm he will uphold the warranty whereas these ebay sellers most likely wont. ive messaged the ebay seller to get a replacement but im not gonna get my hopes up lol

#12 ·
how many did You get? 14?? lol they are ok for the price but apparantly theres this nut on the fronts You need to tighten as they can leak fluid. i bought mine from ebay too and within 2 months of fitting one of mine is leaking and squeeking. only thing is if You buy from somone like damien at dpm he will uphold the warranty whereas these ebay sellers most likely wont. ive messaged the ebay seller to get a replacement but im not gonna get my hopes up lol
yeah i get what you mean..we'll see tho..

#13 ·
whats the drop range on these guys anyone know? max front and max back ? thanks
Probably more than plenty.

fronts you can drop the helper spring out to give you another 30-40mm if not more drop in the front.

Rear you can take the adjuster out and run them in the cup.

#14 ·
I had Jom's on my a3, the fronts will go low enough to actually sit your sump on the deck but the backs are a little different. On the back i ended up taking the adjustment cups completely out and the rubber bump stops off the top of the spring so that it sat level with the front. :D

#16 ·
For the back yea, what size wheels to you have? i had 18's 8.5j with 225-40's on them and with the rear adjustment cups in but on their lowest setting the tires on the back just started to tuck in the arches. It did look good but i had lowered the front about 55-60mm so i had to loose the cups to even the ride out.

#21 ·
compared to other cheap coilovers the ride is pretty good tbh. I got a set from DPM for my a3 and when there decked on the front it made the car bounce round corners. i raised them up a little and they were fine.

For cheap coilovers i think they are fantastic. Aint never heard about this nut thing either. Over a year on the coilovers are still fine on the A3.the Bora will be getting some soon as 1 of my billys are leaking. :(

#24 ·
I bought my JOMs of Damian @ DPM.

There ok but helish bouncy when you go low. But there a decent budget Coilover.

Just run the rear without the adjusting platform and you should see around a -55mm drop.
so you say that without the adjuster when i install the coilies they'll drop around 55mm wont that cause any issues??

mate am looking at lowering 40mm only front and rear with 17's r8's 225/45 tbh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.