Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
No thinking or worrying to do mate, you'll have a permanent grin and it's BY FAR the best bang for buck for your pride and joy. So much more fun to drive, a new car!! I got REVO the day after i bought my car... thats what overdraft limits are for [:I]

Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got my 1.8t upsoluted last friday and I still have a large childish grin slaped all over my face....

Also made four chavs in a saxo vtr feel very stupid this afternoon, Saw him coming in the mirror and as he went to pass I let him get along side and then just put my foot down in top gear and left him sat at the wrong side of the road.

(childish I know but I just couldnt resist)

The best money you will ever spend.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quote: posted by hungrytang on 12/12/2004 00:36:59

I got my 1.8t upsoluted last friday and I still have a large childish grin slaped all over my face....

Also made four chavs in a saxo vtr feel very stupid this afternoon, Saw him coming in the mirror and as he went to pass I let him get along side and then just put my foot down in top gear and left him sat at the wrong side of the road.

(childish I know but I just couldnt resist)

The best money you will ever spend.....

Compared to the std 1.8T, is your driveablity affected, i.e does power come on abruptly like an on/off switch or does it add to the enjoyment?

AnilS.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Definitely the latter. I have Revo rather than Upsolute but you can still just potter around when you want. I did worry that 4 bar Revo would be like you said, on or off, but it's not. Very progressive. Go for it!

Love your other motor BTW. Personally, I'd get one just so I could say 'W a n k e l' in polite company. [:D]

Damn that swear filter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Its not affected the drivability in any way..!

My better half uses it for work every day (a 25-30 min drive) and we have even seen an increase in mpg.

but the power is there when you need it. (like on a weekend when I get to drive it)[^]

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quote: posted by rich1068 on 12/12/2004 10:05:03

Definitely the latter. I have Revo rather than Upsolute but you can still just potter around when you want. I did worry that 4 bar Revo would be like you said, on or off, but it's not. Very progressive. Go for it!

Love your other motor BTW. Personally, I'd get one just so I could say 'W a n k e l' in polite company. [:D]

Damn that swear filter.

Thanks Rich [:)].

What is the difference between the REVO and Upsolute?

Interested as I've been driving the Golf for a week, andgot into my 8 last night, and its a very different driving experience.

AnilS. [^]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.