Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:|] just had me police interview, and it was hard work, 5hours of exams and interview questions and role plays. Its a job that has always been at the back of my mind since being 13, but now 24 with more life experience and its still there. Each time i see a panda car or bobby i think i want to do that, the urge is unreally. The dilemma i have is wage, ive been lucky enough to qualify as a financial adviser and am very well paid, the force wage is half. But like some jobs they just dont suit, working from home is hard to concentrate, as i live with folks still and your constantly chasing appointments etc.....

So may i ask fingers crossed for the 22nd dec when i should find out, if west yorks have a new place for me.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems you meet one of the decent guys remaining in the force djhorace.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Good luck with the results. It's something that I have had at the back of mind for a while too. But at 36, keep thinking that I'm better off sticking with what I've got rather than taking a backwards step money wise for a while.

·
Registered
142 Posts
and if you ever find yourself on traffic duty, behind a blue tdi 150 going far too fast,............ just let it go [;)]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I know a lot of Police and they are all decent lads. Most Police never advertise the job they do when off duty for the flack they get, and at the end of the day, it is a job. Another mate of mine and his wife work for Customs and he is in the same boat.

Yes, there are power hungry morons and the odd idiot, but as long as you are civil to the Police, they are civil back. It is unusual, to me and my copper mates, to have a member of the UK Police be anything other than civil. There are complaints procedures in place for those who don't tow the line, and if there are loads of allegations made against one knobend, they will get dealt with.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Five hours just to test you know that "the black guy did it" and later he "fell down the stairs!"

Seems like a bit OTT to me!! [:p]

Good luck fella, need a few more bobbys out there, well on the beat for sure!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Id look forward to the silly hours, use to do earlys lates etc..... before, so it would be nothing new. I also now from friend experience a shift can soon be extended by a late lock up.  Ive never wanted 9-5, or an office based job i want variety and the knowledge of every job you go on will be different or have to be dealt with differently.  This will be the 7th application so better be mine time, as im getting fed up filling them in every 6 mths.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Good luck fella, i am waiting for the Fire Service to start recruiting in LONDON. Its something that i know i need to do and i wont be satisfied till i do!

GOOD LUCK [Y]

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Good luck lad. [Y]

Following on from some recent posts regarding police actions, I recently had an experience with the detectives who are working on the attempted murder on Ilkley Moor. Being in the area at the time, I needed to be eliminated as a possible suspect. The whole matter was treated in a tactful and respectful manner.

Very professional and reassuring.

The only downside is that my other half keeps mentioning to friends and family that I've been "documented" (photographed, finger printed, DNA swab etc) [:$]

Following Nick su's lead, if you're following a black Bora with a tail light out (again, ongoing issue, car back in for checks/resolution on Friday) ........

Anyhow, I digress. Best wishes and I hope you get the call you're waiting for.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Actually living in Shelf at the current time as house prices in Baildon were a little too much for my first gaff. But spent my first 24 years there, used to live with my folks up the road from Brook Hill stores.... if you know it.

Still go out drinking in Baildon.... sometimes Bingley usually gets messy if we go to Bingley though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts