Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a phone call from the dealer to say the build date for my car is going to be the last week in Jan. Never mind might as well wait and put it on a 05 plate.

Check with you dealers and let us know when your cars are arriving.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw subject.

Nothing at all. I tried 3 dealers and none would give discount, but then I did order it back in August. I was told it was first come first served at that stage, so wanted to get the car asap.

Still probably won't complain to much when it turns up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've just had a call from my dealer to say my build date has now been moved to week 1 (3rd Jan) I'm well chuffed as previously he said it was going to be week 3/4 which basically meant 1st march delivery - now it should be mid January [:)][:)][:)]

Not only that, but he also said that when they get their demo model in the next week or so that I can 'borrow' it for a day!!! How cool is that! I'm very excited....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine's just been moved to week 5 (from week 51) so it looks like a March reg for me (gutted). I think it might be because I changed the order to include a sunroof?

·
Registered
170 Posts
My dealer told me it normally takes about a week to build and then up to ten days to be shipped across & PDI'd etc

Incidentally, what's the spec of yours? Mine is due to be built in week 1 and is a 3dr, Reflex silver. I just wonder if they build similar spec models at the same time or what?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
It does not take a week to build a car...dealers eh!?

I would give it 2/3 weeks between leaving the factory and you getting the keys.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine has been confirmed as probably a late Jan build, (I ordered in November) 5 doors, diamond black, sunroof and centre arm rest, oh and a 7.5% discount from drive the deal .com sourced from a uk dealer [:D]

Can't wait, I more excited about this than the BMW 330 convertible I ordered a few years ago [8D]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Spoke to my local dealer today and have arranged a test drive for next weekend (if they get their demo) with a view to buying one for the GF. The salesman I spoke to seemed to think that if I like it and order one there and then then he will be able to get a car by the end of January. What are peoples opinions on depreciation as it seems the Gti will be readily available from the start and has anyone managed a discount yet?

I was thinking of going for the 3door in Brilliant black with the folding dimming mirrors, 18's, Winter pack, parking sensors, 6cd with the armrest , has anyone seen the cloth interior in the flesh? does it look tacky?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've just had a call from my local dealer. Apparently, my GTI has now been built and is currently sat at some docks in the UK [:)] Total shock. What a Christmas present! I was told week 1 build, which now transpires to be week 50 in VW land (ie mid Dec not beginning of Jan). That means I should be getting it in the 1st week of Jan. Wohoooo!!! Can't wait [:)]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Quote: posted by Seckles on 23/12/2004 11:37:12

I've just had a call from my local dealer. Apparently, my GTI has now been built and is currently sat at some docks in the UK [:)] Total shock. What a Christmas present! I was told week 1 build, which now transpires to be week 50 in VW land (ie mid Dec not beginning of Jan). That means I should be getting it in the 1st week of Jan. Wohoooo!!! Can't wait [:)]

Merry Xmas you lucky git [:O][:D]

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow thats a great delivery date, did anyone order it around 04/11/05 , I 'm eager to know a rough date as I'm carless at the moment [:(!]

I got shot of my clio 172 fast to get the money for the car before the new year.

I reckon the 17" look good but saw the 18" on topgear and 5th gear and they looked really good.

I got mine for 20K with Xenons, 18" wheels, a spare 18", lux pack 2 and the winter pack along with the 6 disc change and parking sensors in red.

Can't wait

1 - 20 of 25 Posts