Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i say .. i was completely gob smacked !! the software took minutes to load in ... and the guys sayd, right, go test your car ... took it out onto the country roads ... and i seriously thought i was driving some other car !!! the experience was totally different !!! i coudlnt believe it!! me and my mate .. were squealing like little school boys with new toys lol, i never imagined my car could push this much torque or power !! Big shout out to the guys at STEALTH RACING in Southam!! they realyl know theyre stuff.. mind you, had slight problems though. in 3rd gear the boost was surging, boost was coming on then off, but my foot was fully floored. so the guy drove the car and i was holding the laptop .. i felt like i was in fast n furious lol .. apparently there problem was the good old AIR MASS METER !! only changed the damn thing 2months ago .. so i got another one as a replacement under warranty. and now ... the cars flyin !!

i would definitely recommend REVO to anyone with a 1.8T or TDi .. the gains really are massive !!! and the sudden rush of power when the foot goes down .. will guaranteed put a smile on ye face aaaal day long !! haha! it did cost a bomb .. but all worth it !! think i need the SPS1 soon .. coz its a bit heavy on the fuel now lol

·
Registered
659 Posts
think i need the SPS1 soon .. coz its a bit heavy on the fuel now lol
I've actually found with mine that if you take it easy with the REVO switched on, you can actually get better MPG than when it's in standard mode - but I suppose that's not really the point of it!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

I wouldn't bother with the SPS1 you'll never use it. Trust me
I have the SPS1, but only used it when the car was in for warranty work and servicing!

Also you get used it and is good once in a while to switch it off for a few days and then back on.......... [:D]

You get 2 cars for the price of a SPS1 switch [6]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
i'm considering this.........but worried about other upgrades that will need doing......brakes etc etc
Brakes, coilovers (springs/dampers), anti roll bars, strut braces, FMIC to stop timing pull in summer, decent tyres, aftermarket DV for when you pop your stock one!

Slippery slope.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
definitely true guys .. its is THAT different !! defo worth it ... to anyone who has got REVO on the 1.8T golf .. wats the MPG like when booting it ?? mine dropped to like 15mpg !! is this normal .. ?? if i drive carefully .. im gettin about 24 - 25mpg ...

ppl say that using the revo actually improves fuel consumption .. but at the mo, im finding this very hard to believe ... anybody agree ?

by the way guys .. whens this RR day ?? can i come along ?

·
Registered
401 Posts
ppl say that using the revo actually improves fuel consumption ..
but at the mo, im finding this very hard to believe ... anybody agree ?
I get about 34-35mpg from mine driving at a steady 70-75 on the motorway with the occasional blast [;)]

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Can someone with a revo sps box do a video camera recording of their speedo?

Ive seen one on here but it was for a pd150.

1 vid with out revo - accelarating to say 100mph (on your private airstrip)

and a vid with revo switched on.

That would give all us non remapped guys and girls an idea of what we are missing.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
shelf ehh..... a stones throw from me. I live in queensbury.

Used to live in shelf myself .........by the cricket pitch.

You might see me now and again as i drive through shelf every day to get to work.

Mines a black 5 door 1.8t with reg M111 USY

Give us a flash if you see me and i might take up up on the offer or be able to compare cars on that bit of straight road between northowram and shelf round about[:D]

whats the car like for overtaking??? plenty of mid range punch?

·
Registered
103 Posts
My AGU has got a switchable APR chip and its is defo better on fuel when in high power mode but only at a steady speed, At 75ish it will show 42 to 44 mpg.In normall it is a couple less mpg. But if you boot it (which you will) it drops , But I normall get over 26 mpg even when have fun, I think you would have to be doing a track day to get 15 mpg? As for needing better brakes and suspension mines standard even got 16'' wheels and its ok as long as you know the cars limits, but it would obviously be better with better brakes and suspension but I would leave the 16'' wheels on, look a bit small but goes better with a bit of comfort.

http://goapr.co.uk/store/bin/productos.php?ACCION=detalles&ProductoID=7e3222cadcbcd9303ab6fce37ee159e0

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I don't think you would need all the suspension additions and other stuff if you Revo a 1.8T but it would certainly further enhance and compliment the car.

Having said that I have driven a stock 1.8T Golf GTi and have had a run in the chiefs 1.8T. Chalk and cheese. It really is that different.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts