Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got a very pleasent supprise.

At the moment I drive a 130 TDI - £770 insurance for the year .. Full no claims, protected over 30 etc.

The R32 is to cost £970 for the year!!! I cant believe it.

One more reason why I should get it!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
lmao!!!!!

£5055.75!!!

in 2 months time it will be down to £2075.75 as all bar 3 points will be older than 5 years.

wont get one for a while then!!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was really, really suprised, Let me know LiQuOrIcE. You have to remember living in Northern Ireland puts a huge loading on your insurance!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
22, 11points over the last 5 years, only 3 on license, 1 year no claims, parked on private land in locked garage, electronic imobiliser (assumed standard?).

That was online with elephant.

I may be wrong, but irish gti pays £2k on his 1.8t

·
Registered
837 Posts
Strewth - £1483 for me with Elephant on an R32 with 2 years NCB, 3 points in 1999, parked on driveway, 25 years old, no claims in past 5 years and Business Class 1. That's double what i'm paying for my 1.8T.

Not exactly close to £5055 though !!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by LiQuOrIcE

lmao!!!!!

£5055.75!!!

in 2 months time it will be down to £2075.75 as all bar 3 points will be older than 5 years.

wont get one for a while then!!!
Whos that with? I had a go...2003 3Dr R32, @ 21, 4 Yrs NCB, 4 Yrs Licence:

Direct Line: £1,283.60

Elephant UK: £1,846.45

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
O, and just to add, im not a stupid driver, feel harslhy done on my first lots of points!!!

3 points - jumping red light on way home from buying first car, travelling on brand new road surface, been sunny and hot for months and then downpoured on the way home. came to lights on a 40mph road and they were changing. put brakes on but just skidded (blaming greasy surface) came to a stop in the middle of the junction and thought id better not stop here so went on. car service 2 days later to discover i needed a totaly new braking system. main dealing service reciept and a long leter resulting in an answer of 'tough crap!!'

5 points, company merc clk, im 17, doing 78 on the m5 (70 zone, no roadworks etc) got took to court and given 5 points!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
£694 for me from Tesco, 27 Years old No points and 8 years no claims hee hee. i have been there 10 points (speeding ) and loads of crashes.

Oh yea and thats with my 22 year old wife on it as a name driver

·
Registered
22 Posts
elephant are vastly overpriced, there are only a handfull of people who seem to be able to get good quotes with them . Try liverpool victoria

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've noticed that weirdness with Elephant.

For me they were great, however none of my mates have had any luck at all with them.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Ive noticed the inconsistancy aswell!!!

you saw my r32 quote yea??? well, they were £600 cheaper than anywhere else i tried with my tdi and mods!! very strange

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Del

The Bell Direct site, quoted me £656.25 for an R32, PNB, £350 excess a couple of month's back.
Remember the 4motion quote I got for £841 from Direct Line? Bell Direct want £2579.33 !!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Mikedav

quote:

Originally posted by Del

The Bell Direct site, quoted me £656.25 for an R32, PNB, £350 excess a couple of month's back.
Remember the 4motion quote I got for £841 from Direct Line? Bell Direct want £2579.33 !!!
Whoa! that's big buck's, it's funny how quote's differ between company's.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts