Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know how to explain this but i think think there is a guy on here thats running coilovers that has some sort of air ride on the front t just raise front up and down that he uses with his original coilovers

all i know is it was a black mk4 3 door but i cnt find the build thread now

anyone help

cheers

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was it expensive as i have so many speed bumps by me wuld be realy handy lol and i cnt afford air ride and like the thought of being kinda static lol

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahhh yes where do i buy them from though as that sale link has expired

and also you need a tank and compressor is that expensive

and do they make any more??

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol foook that gould just get a little 2-3 gallon tank and small compressor surely cant be that much

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
sounds a great bit of kit, but you need coilovers to use it. think im gonna lower my car 40-45mm all round on a wietec (spelling?) spring and matched shocks set. ide probably have to get a 50mm kit on the front combined with lowering topmounts to get the stance i want and have a good set of shocks and springs that are matched to eachother, in order to install this and keep it the right hight.

i might just be being picky but i want handling and at least some comfort.

ide buy this in a flash if the roads were good enough for me to stick with coilovers tho.

so its only for the coilover boys i think.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tanks are cheapish,its the compresser that costs, it needs 70psi to lift the front
ahhh ok well i went on ebay and its all american stuff guess im guna have to keep an eye out on forums

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sounds a great bit of kit, but you need coilovers to use it. think im gonna lower my car 40-45mm all round on a wietec (spelling?) spring and matched shocks set. ide probably have to get a 50mm kit on the front combined with lowering topmounts to get the stance i want and have a good set of shocks and springs that are matched to eachother, in order to install this and keep it the right hight.

i might just be being picky but i want handling and at least some comfort.

ide buy this in a flash if the roads were good enough for me to stick with coilovers tho.

so its only for the coilover boys i think.
im running a 900 pound eibach coilover set up on mine find it a plenty nice ride would only slam wen parked up as lots of bumps by me

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
persil, ive only got enough money for £2k of mods this year, £1k will be spent on wheels...then theres tyres and adapotors, and then theres the engine mods.

really wish i could get an expencive kit tho.

ive emailed the seller, asked him if its suitable for spring/shocks kits and how much it affects the ride hight when its not pumped up.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tru he said it doesnt affect it at all which is good

i just think that all this fuss over air is silly when u can get the rear sitting well low staticaly its just the front and thsi solves that for me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts