Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
That looks very nice[:)]

Where did you get the facia surround from? I recently fitted an Alpine W200Ri unit but I need a facia to finish it off.

S

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks very nice[:)]

Where did you get the facia surround from? I recently fitted an Alpine W200Ri unit but I need a facia to finish it off.

S
Thanks. Are you referring to the trim plate around the HU? If so, that was custom made using fibre glass. It was smoothed out, and sprayed to match the 2 din facia.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That should be a direct fit in your car mate...just remove the Stock HU as well as the storage compartment or 6disc changer and hook it up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, there seems to be quite a few double din units coming out, JVC, Kenwood and Alpine all have them.
Thats true, but whats awesome about this HU is the built in 6 disc DVD/MP3 changer...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks great, Did you have any probs with the can bus adapter and steering wheel audio control functions. On my Pioneer AVIC-HD1BT (double din) i only had volume up/down.

Please Let me know as I have already replaced one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great, Did you have any probs with the can bus adapter and steering wheel audio control functions. On my Pioneer AVIC-HD1BT (double din) i only had volume up/down.

Please Let me know as I have already replaced one.
Hi Dan, I unfortunately donot have steering wheel controls. All that I used was an ISO wire adapter and an Autoleads antenna adapter.

·
Registered
92 Posts
How easy was it to wire up? Bear in mind I am a complete novice. I've not seen that unit in England and is available to buy from the US. Does anyone know if it'll need any modifying? ie radio

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've had a look on the Crutchfield site and that says that the tuner isnt compatible for use in Europe. If you dont listen to the radio much (or at all) then you'd be ok but otherwise its a case of waiting until the European version comes out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How easy was it to wire up? Bear in mind I am a complete novice. I've not seen that unit in England and is available to buy from the US. Does anyone know if it'll need any modifying? ie radio
I had the radio fitted by a Car Audio installer, I wouldn't want to cut any incorrect wires! LOL

The HU was brought in from the US but the region coding and tuner had to be sorted which proved to be quite easy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The fact that its got a 6 cd changer in-built makes me want it more. How did you manage to sort the coding and radio problem out of interest? I want one so bad!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The fact that its got a 6 cd changer in-built makes me want it more. How did you manage to sort the coding and radio problem out of interest? I want one so bad!!
The unit was sent into a technician and from what I understand, they just insert a disc and then change the coding. The tuner was also just 'stepped' and wala its working. I'm sure there should be guys doing this sort of thing in the UK? Pioneer seems to be one of the easier HUs to sort when it comes to region coding and tuner stepping, I initiallly had a Kenwood DDX8017 and damn that thing just wouldn't budge!Couldn't get the region coding sorted nor could I get the tuner sorted!

Just found this on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-AVH-P6850DVD-6800DVD-IN-DASH-6-DISC-DVD-CHANGER_W0QQitemZ290001009486QQihZ019QQcategoryZ67772QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and this if you want to replace the cd changer underneath your armrest (my next mod!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9735284773&ssPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for your help mate. Just need to find a fascia plate to surround the unit. I've e-mailed a few people and may end up buying it sooner than I thought!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts