Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers to married blonde for the shortshift...

Well what a difference this kit has made. It must reduce the gear change distance by 40%[:D]

Simple to fit - 30mins that includes getting your tools out, putting them away after and washing your hands.

The instructions supplied are lengthy but very clear...

I fitted the race shifter...

Diesel geeks website is listed below[:eek:)]

http://www.dieselgeek.com

Any questions pm me[^]

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to say its much more positive.

I always felt the r32 shift felt false (does that make sense?)

The reduction in throw is really amazing.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The exchange rate is brilliant... I am looking at a carbonio CAI at ?125 delivered at the moment...

But xmas is in the way....

Thats nearly ?75 cheaper than awesome!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
For anyone 'thinking' about the geek short shift......DO IT!!

You'll be amazed at the transformed 'feel' of your car...almost like getting a new one!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The race shift has a more mechanical throw - ie. clunk, clunk, rather than the false weighted vw throw!

Does that make any sense????

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yes.........a really nice "snickety-snak" as you pop the gate.........i had the 'race' version too!

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
I keep hearing good things about these diesel geek short shifters and am starting to fancy one.

However my tdi 130 is still on the soft suspension with the 15 inch avus 2's, and the huge sidewalled 65 profile tyres. I am content with this and am not the sort of guy who wants stiff racing car handling. I prefer the big cushioning and comfort side of things with a nice relaxed drive.

Diesel geek short race shifter seems to give the impression of whipping up through the gears to give max acceleration and 0-60 sort of driving - is this the case, or could my relaxed style be suited to the shorter click through the gears of one of these??

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TBH the shortshift is more suited to those wanting a sportier throw.

Not really for relaxed driving.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
these dieselgeek ones are fantastic. ive had one for appx 5 months now and im still loving it. nice short throws. a little notchy but its worth it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i ordered the 'ultra' shifter. it came to ?108 delivered. Same price for the R32. You could get the 'race' version for slightly cheaper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts