Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys..

iv just crashed my golf and i thought of you guys first....

my driver side front wing took a battering along with the front bumper...

Whats my options here as i ws thinking about getting a R32 front bumper how can i turn this crash into a positive

Any suggestions?

I must say for the speed of the hit im suprised it werent written off.. Amazing germans

Veesh

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I had the same thing happen to me last monday, except it was some old bag driving straight through a giveaway without looking and hitting my front passenger wheel, arch and door ...

I been trying to get hold of a bora front for a conversion but its looking difficult, so im smoothing the back and colourcoding all my bumpstrips along wiht a badgeless grill on the front.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol

sorry to hear about that mate... but you refering to that old bag and going threw the give way sounds xactly like my ordeal..but difference being i played the role as the old bag. (not happy about that)

But bearing in mind i have revo and 4 dodgy tyres and wet roads up hill and my wheels locked

im going to lok and your conversions mate and see how its goes....

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well..

i called a month ago to renew the policy before i went away on business....

iv come back and not gone threw my letters and made a call to them to check status and they mentioned its been cancelled....

So im in discussions with the manager over there to see what he can do which i presume will be nothing...

So im liable to pay for the womens car too. but i dont want her thinking i lied about my insurance cover and get the police involved and be told that im to court for driving with no insurance...

Anyone been in this sceanario before?

Im stuck!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
What u can do is let the woman know of the situation .. then take out a new insurance policy for urself.. and 'forward' the accident to next week.. saves a lot of hassle and least u can get her car sorted without having to foot a nasty bill.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
What u can do is let the woman know of the situation .. then take out a new insurance policy for urself.. and 'forward' the accident to next week.. saves a lot of hassle and least u can get her car sorted without having to foot a nasty bill.
As I understand it, insurance companies share info so even if you take the advice above, you'll then run the risk of being done for fraud too.

Did Admiral not take money out of your account for your renewal and if not, how did you not notice? If they have taken payment from you, then at least you'll have some proof that you took out insurance.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Forward the accident to next week? But, and I may be missing something here, isn't that tantamount to fraud?
Tabs....you beat me to it!! Damned 56k!!!!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
well..

i called a month ago to renew the policy before i went away on business....

iv come back and not gone threw my letters and made a call to them to check status and they mentioned its been cancelled....

So im in discussions with the manager over there to see what he can do which i presume will be nothing...

So im liable to pay for the womens car too. but i dont want her thinking i lied about my insurance cover and get the police involved and be told that im to court for driving with no insurance...

Anyone been in this sceanario before?

Im stuck!!!
Admiral will carry your policy on unless you specifically call and cancel it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Can i just say that although I'm with admiral i hate them as they cheated me out of ?25

When i got bought the insurance on my golf it was to start a day before my birthday. Now i thought, i wonder if they are charging me for an 18 year old instead of a 19 which i would have been next day so i got a quote for the day after and it was over ?100 cheaper. So i cancelled my policy which cost me ?25 admin fee even though my cover hadn't started yet and rang up to get the new cheaper insurance which would have saved me nearly ?100. turns out they cocked up and it wouldn't be any cheaper so i had to get the same insurance again and say goodbye to the ?25 admin fee to cancel and re order the same insurance [:mad:]

Gota say, i wouldnt wanna be in your position. Good luck!

·
Registered
273 Posts
When I was with Admiral they always used to carry on my insurance regardless, I had to ask to cancel. Are you sure you're not covered?

I wouldn't risk trying to pull a fast one - It's not worth it and you'll get found out. When I called my new insurer recently I made a mistake with the month I'd made a claim with my previous company and they corrected me, they had all the details!

Be honest and try and reason with Admiral. I think that's your best bet.

Cheers

·
Registered
861 Posts
sorry to hear that. If your premium came out by direct debit or credit card they should have just contined the policy unless you personally cancelled it.

hope your car doesnt cost too much to fix.

i wasnt as lucky: Posted Image

the 'lady' who caused that drove off leaving me to claim from my own insurance :(

keep us posted

·
Registered
273 Posts
the 'lady' who caused that drove off leaving me to claim from my own insurance :(

She did that and drove off????? Makes me wonder what she was driving to cause that damge and still be able to drive away quickly!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Spoke to Admiral and they told me im not insured i cant make a claim...

I felt crap all day. Damages was bad on the other car and being my fault i was looking at 6-7K to pay her out and she was gettting funny with me on the phone.

Found out that Admiral had the wrong Issue number down on the card details and hence rejection but they couldnt confirm that but i could as i had letters stating the wrong details. However wehn i got a renewel quote i declared new mods and got a price and made a paymnet which didnt go through. I got letters but i was acrosss UK on businesss so i wasnt aware of this even though they had my number....

Even though thay say they wont cover me or allow a claim to go threw, i got a fone call at 3:30pm from CLAIMS DEPARTMENT, stating he was ready to go threw my claim with me (i was like WTF) so i waited hear how much he knew and he knew it all and mentioned due to the mishap they have decided to offer me 3rd Party cover for that period of the claim (why 3rd party when i have fully comp cover) well i was confused at this point and questioned it, i asked why the sudden change in heart and he came up with som bollox that made no sense and had no structure to it(at this point i knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel)

So now it seems as though they have relised they took the correct card details from me but processed the wrong details from last years policy...

But surly if im covered im covered there shouldnt be anyway they can pick and chooose the level of cover on there own accord.?

I have been advised that i should go threw the claim as normal and fix my car my self and complain to Admiral and get them to fork it out.

IMAGINE MY RELEAF TO HEAR THEY WILL COVER ME

(o i plan to get a full R32 body kit now) ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts