Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have blinds which are open and i have a security light. the security light went off and someone was walking their dog stopped a foot passed my car then turned towards the window, stepped on my drive and had their hand around my aerial. I couldnt believe what i was seeing, i went out there and confronted him. He had moved away from my car and was walking, he said he is walking his dog, what on my driveway?? so i said ok. He said an appology would be nice. I said i dont think so. I never seen him before and the aerial was fairly loose and i couldnt see in from outside which leads me to believe he was a chancer!!

Should i remove the aerial for now as he may try his luck again or he wont as hes been confronted?

i reported it to police

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I dont think he will be back to your car, so no need to remove it.

Will just go down the road on go for someone else's.

If yours goes missing....keep your eyes out for him 'walking his dog' as he will be local to you.

Glad you foiled him! - Stupid pikey chancer should be ashamed.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a slightly modified golf on the same road further down (looks crap). Maybe his? i will check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
there is a slightly modified golf on the same road further down (looks crap). Maybe his? i will check it out tomorrow.
The mk4 aerial fits around 60% of cars on the road....so having a mk4 is no indication that it is him!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol...

i couldnt believe what i was seeing that why i paused to make sure i was seeing what i was before confronting him. I tried to not start too much as my neighbours werent in for backup plus i had my son by my leg.

it had just snowed too, and his foot prints were the first and you can see them walking away then coming back to my car then on my drive!

The police popped round and removed it for me for now!

BUT if I was accused of something that i didnt do then i would be a bit more angry than he was! He just said an appology would be nice and i said no, then he walked off.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
lol...

i couldnt believe what i was seeing that why i paused to make sure i was seeing what i was before confronting him. I tried to not start too much as my neighbours werent in for backup plus i had my son by my leg.

it had just snowed too, and his foot prints were the first and you can see them walking away then coming back to my car then on my drive!

BUT if I was accused of something that i didnt do then i would be a bit more angry than he was! He just said an appology would be nice and i said no, then he walked off.
Your kidding!!!!!!

your lucky to have them round when you get broken into these days so can only think they were on the way to get more doughnuts LOL

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
lol...

Your kidding!!!!!!

your lucky to have them round when you get broken into these days so can only think they were on the way to get more doughnuts LOL
Either that, or they are busy pulling people over that have obviously illegal mods and breaking laws...

Like a m8 of mine who had his plates in the windows, a bulb out and a large crack in his windscreen.

Dont piss and moan about police not working when loads of members admit to driving cars with illegal mods....which is knowingly breaking the law, and this can waste police time.

Also, phoning them because some idiot chanced stealing your aerial wastes their time as they have to send someone out to you for a crime that was not even committed. - However I hope they catch the moron and give him a good slap.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i only reported to the police as car crime is getting more common on this road, never know it could be same person?

·
Registered
100 Posts
i had the same problem it didnt mind really it was a stubby silver 1 look abit chavy it was on the car when i got it then spotted the golf couple days later with it on but the only thing she lives in thr next road from me [:O]

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Definitely report it! It's the polices job to chase stuff like this. If we all don't bother ringing police cause it's wasting their time the stupid bellend thieves will be chancing ther luck all the time. Starts at an aerial and who knows where it ends. Lucky you saw him mate. Good on ya.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
ii would of taken it off and shoved it right up the dogs back hole.. and say now walk byatch!!

or just whipped his arse with the aerial down the road!

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
The police always welcome info like this. It gets fed into software my wife's company creates, and allows analysts to see clear connections between offenders, times, dates, phone calls, social network posts, anpr captures, etc etc. Quite often, minor criminals have associations with more serious crimes and/or criminals.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
ii would of taken it off and shoved it right up the dogs back hole.. and say now walk byatch!!

or just whipped his arse with the aerial down the road!
Good way to make him come back and smash up your car!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts