Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Treated myself and Golf to some new BBS RK 18" Split Rims today.

Can't wait to put them on the car now tomorrow. Bit of balancing and tracking just to be on the safe side. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm not fitting them till tomoz! So haven't taken any yet, you lot are all too eager..

Here is a teaser...

BBS RK Rims

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Nice choice of alloy, your car is sitting a bit high unless its because the picture has been taken from low down..would look even better if you lowered it..any other plans?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice choice of alloy, your car is sitting a bit high unless its because the picture has been taken from low down..would look even better if you lowered it..any other plans?
Well it doesn't help I haven't moved it since putting both back tyres on.. so springs need to re-spring (or what ever the word is)

But yes I am in process of looking for some nice springs.. I don't want it too low though.

·
Chief Troll
15,990 Posts
The width of the rim? For some reason they don't look great because of the tyre fitment and ride height! The wheels themselves look superb, but I would look into putting lower profile tyres on... 225 40 18 or 235 40 18 is what I'd suggest!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes I was thinking the same. They were the tyres that came with them so I might aswell use a little bit of tread of them as they are nearly new tyres that the person put on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts