Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every1 i have just bought a set of r32 seats for ?1500

ikno its mega expensive. and the alloys i was gonna get have gone out of the window and the bumpers but i aloso got with it

• all 5dr r32 seats mint condition
  • all 4 door cards
  • the r32 steering wheel
  • the r32 gearknob with the .:R logo on

all i need to kno is how hard are they to fit i have heard that the air bag connecters are different and i hope i can get some1 to do it for me, what do you think vw would charge?

i might not install the streeing wheel because of the airbag needed so i might be seeling it so if any1 might want it just ask and we will see what happens.

·
Registered
555 Posts
post some pics,was after a set but settled for some heated recaros in the end,where did you get them from??

what year is your car?i think the lpugs might be the same,very easy to change seats took me half an hour

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sounds like a good price with the wheel and gearknob

swapp ing them is easy it took me 2 1/2 hours to do the seats and door cards 2 bolts on the front seats and pull them out and the rear are just clips door cards take the longest!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
The rears take about 15-20 mins the fronts per chair takes about 15-20 mins as its two screws one bolt at the front of the chair and it slides out of the slider mechanism backwards.. also disconnect the battery (due to airbag implications)

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
post some pics,was after a set but settled for some heated recaros in the end,where did you get them from??

what year is your car?i think the lpugs might be the same,very easy to change seats took me half an hour
its a 2003 53reg 1.4 match hopefully its the same so i dont have any hasstle off my mum (AIRBAGS) lol "you will have no passengers if no airbags lol

i should get them in 2 weesk hopefully

the strreing wheel might be for sale as well has the gear knob i just have to think weither i want to get the right airbag aswell because the 3 spoke looks x10 nicer than my 4 spoke one.

i got the set from a place in kent called v-dubs limited or summin like that, they always have seat in stock i was gonna get some recaros off them a couple of months ago, they are truly very helpful.

cheers, lex

p.s will insurance be that botherd about leather seats? because i decided to keep my alloys to keep cost down. the money i spent on the seats was ment for next years insurance HA!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
dont think its worth telling the insurance about the seats.but just ask them see what they say. they might not change anything. ill swap ur r32 wheel without the airbag for my gti wheel with the air bag ;).

·
Registered
555 Posts
i guess your going to have to go all the way now

R32 kit

R32 alloys

thats another?1500 at least

do the seats yourself very easy,i didnt need to unplug battery,just remember not to put key in ignition before you change seats or while you are doing it

[Y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts

R32 kit

R32 alloys

do the seats yourself very easy,i didnt need to unplug battery,just remember not to put key in ignition before you change seats or while you are doing it

[Y]
Best to be safe than sorry imho just disconnect the earth from the battery.. takes about 20 seconds... if that...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

R32 kit

R32 alloys

[Y]
nah i dont think i will i was gonna get the front and the r32 alloys (never wanted to fork out the rest of the money for the rear) its only a 1.4

all i will do now is pay the rest for the seats and i have decided to use the r32 steering wheel and sell the gear knob and when i get alot older if i am getting another golf i will reuse all the stuff and sell standard, alloys are too much for me atm i can afford anymore, i am whittling into my savings which i dont wanna do,

my golf will be a .:R1.4 lol i might even be a jippo and cut the .:r of the r32 badge and put a 1.4 after it lol(nah probly not) i am also going to colour code my bumpers too and the valances so wont look all bad and might fool people to think its not a 1.4 :O

and i am after a new insurance company atm too to save me money, i might get the r32 alloys at a later date.

hopefuly my car will be nice soon

lex

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont think its worth telling the insurance about the seats.but just ask them see what they say. they might not change anything. ill swap ur r32 wheel without the airbag for my gti wheel with the air bag ;).
cheers mate

but i went to my dads friends house today to see his r32 seats and i sat in it and felt the wheel and loved the grip and the feel

sorry mate it was tempting

lex

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you should kno dent reform from that group buy u are doing

will my r32 gear stick fit my 1.4 golf or is it a hard fixture? i kno it have the 6speed but hopefully it will beable to fit????

cheers

lex

1 - 20 of 25 Posts