Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not my thing really as I can't justify the money, but whilst looking at the DVLA web site I came across this

WH05 DUB.

So I bought it.( couldn't help myself ) What do you guys and girls think

It cost ?599

Also the plate WH05 MKV is still for sale at the same price.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
i like these WH05 plates as theres a RS4 near me whos got the plate
WH05 FAT, the lads who drive that car are real young aswell, so i think
you get the picture lol.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Not bad!

There is an R32 around the corner from me with R30TOO , which I thought was quite good
Ive seen that one .....it was a while ago thou was parked up in Barking ie essex area

·
Registered
207 Posts
None too sure if it's the most sensible of ideas to tell everyone your number plate on a public forum. A work colleague did much the same on one of the scooby forums and ended-up having a summons for non payment of the Congestion charge in London... he lives in Doncaster and has never even driven to London! I'm not saying they got the plate off a forum, but the police felt it highly likeley!

As for spacing the letters - please don't do that... my private plate would probably look a tad better if I did it, but it is illegal and often makes the plate hard to read correctly... which is great when someone bashes your car and then drives off and you couldn't read the plate - as happened to my poor old Mum... I'm just amazed that someone would actually sell someone plates in illegal lettering or spacing. At least the police round my way do actually nick people for it.

Nice plate though [:D]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Theres WH05 GTT the last T could be shortened at the top to give WH05 GTI only 599
Completely illegal, and a bit sad if you ask me [:p]
Ok then maybe its just me who likes modding there plate [:p] heres a pic of sonnys plate modded.

Posted Image

and them plate have now actually removed as we got told nicely lol.

Sat

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Theres WH05 GTT the last T could be shortened at the top to give WH05 GTI only 599
Completely illegal, and a bit sad if you ask me [:p]
Ok then maybe its just me who likes modding there plate [:p] heres a pic of sonnys plate modded.

Posted Image

and them plate have now actually removed as we got told nicely lol.

Sat
That's the sort of thing that I don't like for precisely the reason that Mark P outlined.

Car looks very nice otherwise [H]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Had all this about messing around with number plates on the UK TT forum... quite amusing what some people think they can do! I just think it's wrong, not withstanding the fact it's illegal. I saw a neigbour of mine had changed a 1 to a T on his plate and he thought it was quite OK to do that! What a muppet eh?! Amazing that anyone thinks it's OK to change a letter or number on their plate to read as something else! He did get nicked for it and fined - so I had the last laugh as I did tell him! Messing around with the spacing I can live with (although that's illegal), amending the plate to read differently - well, I just hope the people who do that all get caught and fined. MTWP on the subject anyway [:|]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i find it soo funny when you see people with private plates when they have to put a slogan underneath the plate to tell you what the plate is trying to say!!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
i find it soo funny when you see people with private plates when they have to put a slogan underneath the plate to tell you what the plate is trying to say!!!!!
totally agree with you on that LOL

made up example

NK02 OWB

TONYS VW

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have just got my plate through for WH05 DUB

I have put 'vee-dub-ya' under the plate, does this make me sad in your eyes as I am not sure now I have read your posts.[:$]

Advice please?

I know in the VW world you know what DUB stands for but it was my wifes idea for the' vee-dub' bit. The plates are not on the car let, so not to late to get another set made up.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have just got my plate through for WH05 DUB

I have put 'vee-dub-ya' under the plate, does this make me sad in your eyes as I am not sure now I have read your posts.[:$]

Advice please?

I know in the VW world you know what DUB stands for but it was my wifes idea for the' vee-dub' bit. The plates are not on the car let, so not to late to get another set made up.
No comment [:p][;)][:D]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts