Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought id tell you all ive had a visit from simon at upsolute, done a bloody good job, what a top bloke!

anyway, said id mention it on here to him, give him a plug! the chip is fantastic, such a noticeable difference in power, so pleased.

take it easy

mike

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ive been talking to simon also, he will be upsoluting my Golf Turbo and Bora PD Diesel.

Was the really that much difference?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah loads mate, really feels like a turbo now, kicks in at bout 3000rpm n ur flying. definately worth the money.

·
Registered
424 Posts
mikeylambo: What engine do you have???? If its agu i'd recommend going for an n75j valve to complement the upsolute chip, i replaced this on mine and it pulls longer,smoother now.

What part of reading you at????? Are you coming to the meet this sunday at shire horse pub on A4?????

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Simon fettled my mota earlyer on last year and I still have a big smile on my face when I give it some [^]

If you want to really hear the turbo spool up and the diverter valve work then invest in a Carbonio cold air intake next [;)]

Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 26/01/2005 19:09:18

Oh and start putting some money away for tyres!

and a new DV [:D]

·
Registered
627 Posts
Congrats matey!

The upsolute was the best thing I ever did for my car. Simon is indeed a top bloke!

Its a great program, plus it sorts out a lot of the bogging problems etc.

Best thing I thought when I first took it out after the chip and the turbo just screamed into life like I'd never heard before. Awesome. Its a transformed car, well it would be with 30% more bhp [;)]

Enjoy mate!! [:D]

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Upsolute costs ?305 which is an absolute bargain IMHO [:)] stated figures are 192BHP and 199ft/lb of torque [^] I have yet to RR mine to find out what its kickin out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
im gutted i had mine upsoluted put it on a rolling road today 170.5bhp and 193.3lb ft can you imagine my face. when you think at least 190bhp im gutted will be emailing simon in a mo.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Jeez Marty thats really down on the quoted figures. I'm going to go down the Jabba route when I go for a boost in power. I just think the idea of a custom one will allow them to tinker with your car more and find the best balance for mechanical safety against output.

David

·
Registered
175 Posts
yeah simon is a good guy but living in cornwall could make it tricky but no doubt hes a realy genuine guy when he done it i was pleased with him and its obviosly quicker than it was but im gutted because the clio boys were putting out 172 and i was smilling till i got my run and it was all down hill from then on

·
Registered
809 Posts
Marty - was there adequate air flow to your intercooler on the rolling road? That could result in a lot of lost power on the rollers due to heat soak.

·
Registered
175 Posts
dony know much about it ran the same as all the other cars it was a run up 20 quid a go loads of boy racers there wonderring if my massair flow is knackered or my dump valve he said it was pinking around 3000 revs and again at around 4000.so so gutted how would i tell if the air was good

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.