Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:mad:]

Do not understand how it happened at all maybe someone can shed some light on it?

I parked at wexham park hosp, as my boy Jack was born yesterday, I guess its the good karma bad karma thing

I came back to my car last night to find all the windows open??????????/

the lock and the blue part of the handle around the lock was hanging from the door, a small scratch above and another on the handle where they had levered it out no damage to the lock, just popped it back in.

they took my kenwood searched the car for the face which was wedged up under the dash, my fault i know but left my Ipod and adapter, maybe got disturbed.

but how did they open my windows and what happens when you take the lock out, i can'teven open my windows with the key fob.

part 2, should I report it I can't see the point, i'm a cop and know there aren't really any leads to follow up no suspects no cctv etc etc. whats the point they wont do anything

anyone got a kenwood ipod adapter suitable headunit for sale? long shot I know

·
Registered
310 Posts
i feel for you mate, its not nice thinking someone has gone through your stuff.

i'm often in slough for work so i'll have to watch where i park

·
Registered
586 Posts
but how did they open my windows and what happens when you take the lock out, i can'teven open my windows with the key fob.
This is a known security flaw on the MkIV I believe. You could do a search or someone will pm you with the details. De-locking the car is a relatively simple way to get around this.

Sorry to hear about it mate.

Probably best to report it, if for nothing else then just for their records. I suppose its not worth it for them to dust for prints?

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
This is a known security flaw on the MkIV I believe. You could do a search or someone will pm you with the details. De-locking the car is a relatively simple way to get around this.

Sorry to hear about it mate.

Probably best to report it, if for nothing else then just for their records. I suppose its not worth it for them to dust for prints?
Absolutely, it's a security flaw. No point going over it here but the best advice is to get a delocking kit from your dealer to prevent it happening. Don't delock the tailgate though.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Congrats on the new born! Shame about what happened to your car! Fu**ing ba***rds!!!! What gives them the right to break in and steal other's hard earned posessions??? Makes my blood boil when i hear about stories like this!

·
Registered
446 Posts
[:mad:]

Do not understand how it happened at all maybe someone can shed some light on it?

I parked at wexham park hosp, as my boy Jack was born yesterday, I guess its the good karma bad karma thing

I came back to my car last night to find all the windows open??????????/

the lock and the blue part of the handle around the lock was hanging from the door, a small scratch above and another on the handle where they had levered it out no damage to the lock, just popped it back in.

they took my kenwood searched the car for the face which was wedged up under the dash, my fault i know but left my Ipod and adapter, maybe got disturbed.

part 2, should I report it I can't see the point, i'm a cop and know there aren't really any leads to follow up no suspects no cctv etc etc. whats the point they wont do anything

anyone got a kenwood ipod adapter suitable headunit for sale? long shot I know
Did you park actually in the hospital grounds or on the main road? Wexham Park has several CCTV cameras, I would be very suprised if the incident wasn't caught on CCTV.

Congrats on the new born! [Y]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
muzzy and ash i've pm'd you.

thanks Waggzy

unfortunatley it isn't covered by cctv in the bottom area of the car park, i checked that first!

I'm gonna get a pioneer bluetooth headunit and fit an ipod adapter to it so i can use my phone hands free and my ipod like this I think,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pioneer-DEH-P75BT-CD-MP3-Player-With-Bluetooth-AS-NEW_W0QQitemZ320031722096QQihZ011QQcategoryZ39762QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and this time I'll take the face with me. thats twice now in 6 years I think I've learnt my lesson, still, It's not my fault its the

W
Posted Image
who nicked it, pikey

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sad news Prawnstar, that looks like popeyes arm.. Congrats on your baby though [y]

Anychance you can pm me , i know roughly how its done but need to know for definate, i dont really want to delock my Bora as you cant get in through the boot as the back seats lock in place.i want to see if i can prevent it etc....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
U know u can just do it with the VAG 1552 machine, take it to the dealers, me and my mate were playing with the one from his work (dealers) the other week, u can disable the flaw in the security system electronically, but its non reversible, that way the car can't be accessed in the same way as is easy now, won;t go into it here but it completely stops it AND u can still get in your car the manual key turning way, remember the days, lol, should your fob batteries fail which u cant of course with it delocked. (if anyone doesn;t know if batteries go in the fob then u have about 5 seconds once the door is opened to start the car before the alarm blares out, if car is started i.e. immobiliser code read then alarm resets as it essentially knows u are the owner, well in theory!)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sad news Prawnstar, that looks like popeyes arm.. Congrats on your baby though [y]

Anychance you can pm me , i know roughly how its done but need to know for definate, i dont really want to delock my Bora as you cant get in through the boot as the back seats lock in place.i want to see if i can prevent it etc....

Thanks
pm'd mate

matt

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
prawnstar, can you pm me aswell please mate, cant quite belive that this is even remotely possible [:|]

theving scum, hope they get what they deserved..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts