Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been to awesomes rolling road day. It was really good to see the set up theyve got down there and I was really impressedby it all. There was a few MK4s and a couple of mk3s one guy with a mk3 vr6 turbo which put out 265bhp he wasnt impressed though it was meant to be about 300. Keep your eyes open for it in Golf + around spring timeits a real bonny car.

When I bought mine the guy said it was at 239bhp so today was a tester to see if it was true.

Mine put out 1st run, 200.19 Power 241.96 Torque, 212.92 Clutch.

2nd Power 205.70, Torque 250.72 Clutch 214.79.

3rd Power 205.51 Torque 246.08 Clutch 217.20.

Im quiet pleased at what it is putting out going to look into whats next in the new year.

Ill put the video up that we took later on this evening.

Cheers Lee

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yeah, went on Wednesday to buy my pipercross VIS and one of the lads said come back once I had fitted it to test on rollers. It rained all yesterday and took me nearly all day to fit the bloody thing today so I missed out on that one [:mad:] lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tipical north west weather rubbish. Yeah they seem a good set of guys. They said there going to get another one on soon.

Cheers Lee

·
ah ha ha ha this nutter posted something :-)
4,319 Posts
Hi was there today as well first time I've been down to awesome, very impressed with the set up they've got there, every one I spoke to seem really friendly and very helpfull.

Didn't put my car on the rollers as it's stock tunning wise at the moment, but looked like they had plenty of people going on. Saw a MKV GTI, MKIIG60, and Cupra R all looking very nice. Will deffinately be back there at some point for a few bits of work.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it the black cupra if it was the poor guy has spent a few quid on it. When it went on the rollers it didnt even hit 200bhp think it was 178bhp. I would be seriously p*!*!d if that was me. Did you see the Red rally & the vr6 turbo ?

·
ah ha ha ha this nutter posted something :-)
4,319 Posts
That's the one I didn't see what it put out but thought that they were 225 standard?

And the red rally was looking pretty awesome, I wasn't to sure what was in it at first as it didn't sound anything like a supercharger should. I had to leave just after the cupra but would have liked to stay for the rest of the day. there were plenty of cars there though hence should have been a good afternoon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was there too today getting my car chipped [:D]

Pretty good day. Not been to an RR day before so it was good to see the cars on the rollers.

I think that mk3 had a boost leak or something.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We got talking to him hes had it all polished and when the lad (apprentice) put it back together its not been right. Think i'd be going back

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
When I bought mine the guy said it was at 239bhp so today was a tester to see if it was true.

3rd Power 205.51 Torque 246.08 Clutch 217.20.

Im quiet pleased at what it is putting out going to look into whats next in the new year.
Even though you had 22bhp less than you thought? I'd be gutted!!
Who mapped your car?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi

I must admit , it was a good couple of days.

I had fun and would like to thank everyone for tunring up

We have had some lovely cars on the rollers and I think they are getting better

We was looking forward to Bill`s car coming up , but hey next time

We do try to make time for everyone , but I must admit with Dean being off it was very very busy and I am sorry if I did not get chance to say hi to everyone.

But anyway , I am here if anyone needs any help

I hope that you ll have a good new year too

Sarah

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Lee

That is not a problem , I enjoyed it too

But I must admit , it did take a bit of work as we left it so late to organise

But next year I will be on the case ALOT earlier and it will not just be ME in fancy dress [:$]

Have a good new year and will see you again soon

Sarah

1 - 19 of 19 Posts